MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
20,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As posted in recent on-line Dealer News:

The Motorcycle Industry Council and its members have developed a "Frequently Asked Questions" document aimed at clearing the air over the complexities of selling and installing aftermarket exhausts in California.
The list addresses questions dealers might have about exhaust system sales following recent investigations by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) into possible emissions violations.
A PDF of the document is attached below.
Dealers in the state have been complaining over the last two years about stepped-up enforcement by CARB regulators on the sale, installation and in some cases even showroom display of aftermarket exhausts. And it's safe to say that regulators from other states may be monitoring CARB's enforcement efforts to determine their applicability elsewhere.
The MIC document provides guidance on a number of issues, including which systems are CARB-compliant, what systems are considered replacement parts, how to tell if a modified exhaust system has been approved by the state, when it's legal to sell a modified system without a CARB label, and which sales records must be maintained by the retailer.
Posted by Dennis Johnson

This is what those obnoxiously loud pipes some folks like are leading to everywhere.
:thewife:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,680 Posts
As posted in recent on-line Dealer News:

This is what those obnoxiously loud pipes some folks like are leading to everywhere.
:thewife:
READ the pdf Ed

its about having emissions stuff and the correct stampings on the pipes.....EPA closed the noise office 30 years ago according the pdf

·
Administrator
20,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read the whole thing, why do you think I posted it?.....It is the noise issue that has the government cracking down everywhere.....otherwise they would still be ignoring us. The smog thing is just the easiest first step.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Why does anyone still want to live in California?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Because California is awesome. You have to be from here to get it. ;)

Kind of along the same lines of me never wanting to live in the south.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

Actually, VERY SPECIFIC parts of California are awesome. The rest is farm country or a desert populated by rednecks.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Very true. I'm way up north and around almost every corner are photo opportunities such as this:

I will always love California, stupid laws or not.

·
Administrator
20,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Northern California should secede from Southern California....but you will still have those Sierra Club type trying to ruin your day.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

Nick, have you ever actually been to the South? :stickpoke

I've got one of those one lane steel bridges two miles from my house.....

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Randy, been to Missouri, Arkansas, Florida and southern Georgia. Lets just say I'm not a big fan of humidity. Yes, there are some very nice places, but I'll stick with the left coast. ;) Also, that picture was taken about 100 ft from a plot of land I have (inherited) up in the Trinity mountains.

castle, I would love to visit NZ! Want to hit Australia, New Zealand, and Vanuatu sometime in the next couple years.

Anyway, back to the main topic about how much California laws suck. :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Northern California gets my vote based on the weather. lived there most of my life.
North east Georgia's weather is actually very close temperature wise for most of the year, until July through September when it all turns to HELL, due to the Oppressive Heat and Humidity. lived here 9.5 yeas now. I try to make it a point to NOT BE HERE in the summer.
as far as the government and it's laws, California leads the way in finding new ways to spoil our fun, and suck as much money as possible out of everybody they can.
Dealerships in California can't even sell most aftermarket exhausts, according to my buddy who owns California Speed Sports, an MV Dealer in Livermore.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Randy, been to Missouri, Arkansas, Florida and southern Georgia. Lets just say I'm not a big fan of humidity.......
Me neither Nick, but I'll take humidity (which negatively effects us about 60 days a year) and our general quality of life versus the Nancy Pelosi mentality that appears to control all aspects of governmental influence in California. No doubt whatsoever that California is blessed with verdant beauty, natural resources, and wide ranging weather choices.

You guys tolerate the highest cost of living (generally), most oppressively regulated government influence, and over taxation.......all for what, again?

Let me point out that Florida (except maybe the panhandle), Missouri, and Arkansas are not considered "Southern" by most Southerners.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Don't forget Randy, I've been living in Japan and England for [almost] 7 years. I can handle the cost of living, taxation, and government regulations (I work for the government after all). ;)

I partly agree with Missouri and Arkansas not being part of the "south" but their residents seem to think otherwise. Haha. Maybe when I come out to the 2013 Bubbalicious (if I'm not deployed again) I'll change my mind about the south.

·
Administrator
20,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep....you have not actually been to the "True South"...forget those places...you need to visit western North Carolina, Eastern Tennessee, Southern West Virginia, North Georgia. South West Virginia.....

You have not actually visited God's country yet......although when you get to New Zealand you will have found something close to heaven....

But California ain't it (been there, lived there, got the t-shirt and the souvenir coffee mug).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts