MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ben,

aren't you supposed to be helping some struggling cello student with their screeching instrument? :stickpoke (i've been waiting to use that stick)

alex
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
altoon said:
ben,

aren't you supposed to be helping some struggling cello student with their screeching instrument? :stickpoke (i've been waiting to use that stick)

alex
:stickpoke :stickpoke I use my bow for that with them :laughing:

Nope, today I am free until the evening concert...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL.

i can only imagine what that must sound like. damn instruments without frets.

for my kids (future) it's either piano or guitar!

or the motogp academy!!

alex
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
altoon said:
LOL.

i can only imagine what that must sound like. damn instruments without frets.

for my kids (future) it's either piano or guitar!

or the motogp academy!!

alex
Are you serious? you have never heard a cello before?

Instruments without frets... sorta like riding bikes vs. riding trains... you gotta find your own lines(pitch).

Violoncello(full name in Italian) is a great instrument, the range of her pitch is like human voice (baritone-soprano). it has been often described that there is no instrument more beautiful sounding than cello except human voice, it's also the sexiest instrument there is, she is shaped and sized like a beautiful woman's body, wears a G-string, along with A,D, & C:naughty: held between my legs(sitting) and played with a long and elegant bow, fingered by the left hand, and since it is an acoustic instrument everything I do translate into subtle differences in sound that she makes... the speed of the bow stroke, the variations in pressure, placement of my fingers and bows, the intensity of my vibrato, the articulation of my strokes creats infinite possibility of tone colors. I can make her purr, sing, scream or cry...

Calms down ladies, I am talking about my cello...

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
man i really should be doing my work right now :loser:

i want a cello!
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
jskipper said:
i want a cello!
before you spend your hard earned money on a cello, you can always start practicing the basics on your girl friend first, just start with the one string (G) and use your fingers and bow :naughty: and if everything sounds good, then you know you are doing it well.

A note of caution: be careful. one advantage with cellos is that it won't slap you across the face if you do it badly... :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
odonata said:
Still think guitar is special comapred to my cello (Italian, made in 1737)? it's a bit like comparing a blow-up doll and a beautiful living woman... (little exaggerated perhaps but essentialy true).

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
but how many cellists have to worry about (or look forward to) going back to a room full of naked co-eds after a show?

:guitarist

alex
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
altoon said:
but how many cellists have to worry about (or look forward to) going back to a room full of naked co-eds after a show?

:guitarist



alex
You got a point there... :laughing: but more than you would expect :naughty:

if that was the objective, perhaps we are all in the wrong business... we should have gone into the porn industry. :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, there will a LOT more opportunity to get laid in your profession than mine.

shees, i think i can count the number of girls in my senior engineering classes on one hand...even if there are a few fingers missing.

acutally, my wife is an engineer. a guy at the old company where we both used to work accused me of marrying the only hot female engineer in so. cal. i had to jump at the chance! it wouldn't happen again! :laughing:

alex
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
altoon said:
well, there will a LOT more opportunity to get laid in your profession than mine.

shees, i think i can count the number of girls in my senior engineering classes on one hand...even if there are a few fingers missing.

acutally, my wife is an engineer. a guy at the old company where we both used to work accused me of marrying the only hot female engineer in so. cal. i had to jump at the chance! it wouldn't happen again! :laughing:

alex
I hear you... in music, there are always plenty of females (50/50), both in schools and as professionals, so there are always some hotties, but certainly it's not like in the film industry where all the pretty girls are there wanting to have a shot at making it big. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Odonata, with the way your describing playing the cello, after a performance does it ever get stuck to your inner thigh :stickpoke :naughty: But seriously do you have any links to your performances, maybe on you tube or similar? Would be great to hear
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
milk&juice said:
Odonata, with the way your describing playing the cello, after a performance does it ever get stuck to your inner thigh :stickpoke :naughty:
does what get stuck? my cello? :naughty: no, no, and no :laughing:

Let me look into getting some excerpts of my playing in here... :)
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top