MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody out there have any recommendations on carbon fiber parts manufactures?
I’m looking for quality carbon parts. And don’t really have anything to base any judgments of quality vs. cost.

Just trying to see what people have bought and if they like the parts or not…..

Emoto
World of QB Carbon
Carbon world
MV Course

Any others……….

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I've got a combination of Moto Corse and MV Corse. I actually don't know where the line is as far as who's is who's. Both of them you can see on the emoto site. Both it seems to take a while to get in stock.

They are really nice. But also pretty expensive. I can't speak for the others, but compared to other carbon at the dealer (on ducati's mostly), the MV carbon looks nicer and is stiffer due to attention to build detail (like lips on the ends of fenders to help stiffness instead of just cut to shape).

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
With carbon a good rule is 'you get what you pay for' MV Corse is top quality, pre pregnated, autoclaved then laquered, a very well known firm that have recently dissapeared ( C arse hole i) used to sell carbon with glass fibre underneath it, by and by it was shite :jsm:

·
Banned
147 Posts
ive had pretty good luck with carbonworld items from germany, available on ebay. and also shift-tech carbon isnt half bad either, i have a couple of items, and they are very glossy and not cracks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Shift-Tech? I had a bad experience with them and didn't like the quality of their carbon when I ordered frame covers for my GSXR. It looked cheesy and discolored, plus they wouldn't take it back. I had to go through claims to get my money back! Wouldn't recommend them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Steve, being in the m/c business I have dealt with many carbon companies. Probably the best I have seen is factory MV stuff. Very quality. It's not cheap by any means but worth the money. I keep tabs on MV's stock of carbon and know they just recieved an order so depending on what your looking for chances are good they will have it.

Thomas
Bellevue Kawasaki/Yamaha/MV Agusta
14004 NE 20th st
Bellevue, Wa. 98007
425-641-5040
www.bellevuekawasakiwa.com

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd love to get factory MV carbon but that stuff is just way out of my price range. And I can’t justify eating Raman Noodles for the next five years trying to pay off the carbon I’m already doing that to pay for the bike.;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
My experience, the CarbonWorld.de stuff, sold on eBay is pretty good stuff. The eMoto carbon stuff seems to be great, too. These two are similar in quality and price for the most part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts