MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you carbon fiber freeks (myself included) just to let you know; Friend of mine with Mamba recently had a small encounter with a senior citizen which left him with quite a considerable dammage !!! He was cutt off leaving the traffic light -turning left and I was amazed at the extensive dammage the bike sustained in such a low speed accident. Front fairing , side fairing mirror air runners etc all a CF parts cracked - broken I m wondering if the bike would sustained such a dammage if those parts were stock factory plastics ??? Scratches nicks of course that is expected but so many broken parts !!! Hmmmmm .:f4:

·
Registered
293 Posts
CF can be repared... sometimes it's even possible to keep it unpainted. Broke my front fender 3 times (easier to fix cause it's red).
:)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Although CF parts can be engineered to to be very strong, they are certainly not bullet proof, especially in the case of the feather weight air tubes, compared to the cheaper stock parts which are made from thick plastic.

so sorry to hear about this....

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Most of the CFRP stuff on the market is not really engineered. Bodywork, ram air tubes etc are generally not structural so given a strong enough impact they will break. You can make the parts more robust, but they will be heavier and more expensive and even then no guarantees.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do agree with all of You guys - and Yes his parts were original Mamba Parts Kit with a highest CF quality possible !!! N.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts