MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: Well, sort of, I couldn't resist, I've just pressed the rather expensive "Buy it now" button, picture included............ :) :) :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice one Mike, :smoking: when do you pick it up? 1st Sept on a 56 plate? :guitarist

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
You did the right thing :smoking:
The best of luck with it and i'm looking forward to hear your impressions about it :drummer:

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
pigiolino said:
Compliments!!!
But attention:next year will be a new model......(for race in Italian SBK).
Here people said probabily her name will be F 4 1000 RS.....
mah.......
winter is near....
pier
Hmmm..... veró?
What do you mean when you say next year? :D

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
macmivvi said:
Thought you were a traditional red/silver chappie.
I'll wait for DK discounting them them off cheap when winter is here.
Well yes I am, I'm just not sure I like the way they have painted the new one, also i'm not a red/silver with black wheels man either!

I was very tempted by DK and their 1000's they are selling, even went and had a look, got a price etc, but with them selling very cheap 05 models they also give you a very cheap p/x price, so the difference between p/x at DK for the same bike as I have now, or p/x at a UK franchised dealer against an "R" was not as big as you may expect.

I'll wait until Sept 1st,although I'll transfer my pers plate over, It will need to be the 1st Sept by the time I have put the bike back to std :jsm:

And yes I suppose there is always a new model coming out, I kinda figured it would be an "RS" in true Ducati fashion, but when I bought the 1000S I also knew they would superseed it one day, on the plus point buying early in the models life you do get two years, I would imagine there are a few pissed people in the UK who have bought gennuine this year at £14250(1000S) only to see DK buy all the left overs and knock them out for first £10999, then £9999, and also see the franchised dealer network follow at £10750, now, that would hurt :wtf:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
nice move. the R is delicious component/performance wise. i'm sure you'll be smiling for a while. i'm glad there is no dealer close to me. :later:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
my guess would be the tamburini's TSS system. that would give it enough of a power bump to make it a RS wouldn't it? don't think it can loose any weight other than CF fairings. maybe RG3's as well.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I hope they don't have a 'buy it now' button on the Veltro, :bawling: I could be in serious financial trouble!! :laughing:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
somebody is finally getting the point over there. and of course we'll all like it...well except our wallets. here's my guess:
- looks like the R is special this year as it pushes out the S.
- then there won't be an R next year...it will be the base f4.
- then the release of the R(S) or whatever which will put even more power down with wider torque spread (TSS).
- then eventually they will make the veltro more accessible as the TOP MV like they did the tambo.
- by then racing technology would have really trickled down and TADA
- F41100!!! :drummer:

but seriously, what more can you do for a motorcycle without adding more wheels or canard wings? lighter stronger frames require more skilled a rider at speed. more braking would require seat belts. more engine power would require oxygen fed pressure suits. where does it end?!?!!

can't wait to see :D

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There were V6 rumours :stickpoke maybe F6 1000, they are gonna need something once the Desmocedici and Aprila's 4 cyl emerge :jsm:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts