MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi al.

just thought ild say thanks for being a great website, but im trading in my f4 750 for a r1, as i cant take how slow the thing is and i cant afford a 1000 mv.

i hate the jap stuff but, my mv is so slow its embarrasing, i went out today and my mates had to wait for me several times,

the bikes got no power low down, well below 9000 rpm anyway and pulling off is a joke, looks the nuts, but just to slow. no one could beleive it when they had a go, were shocked

ill still be coming on here as its a great site

Bryan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi mate,
never ben into aprillia, i can get a good r1 from a dealer for 5k, underseat pipes model, and parts are cheap, hopefully as thats all my f4 is worth.

the f4 is just slow, has no go in it, pull away and you are just waiting for it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh dear! I hope this wasn't the resut of our conversation at Warwick services this week!

Good luck - I picked my '04 R1 up yesterday and I'm really pleased with it :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sorry to hear the F4 is going Bryan but the R1 is a hell of a bike too. Shame you can't afford the 1000 F4 cos I think they are fairly evenly matched in many respects. Good to hear you'll be hanging around and who knows, you might have both R1 and F4 in the future. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blackbrute, no its just today when we had to keep slowing down for cars then speed up 2 ova take, my mates would be in third and ild have to drop it into first to get the revs up, i like it, just slow, is there anything i can do tho,

the 1000f4 would be great, just as fast as a r1, but how much would i expect to pay, realistically

·
Registered
38 Posts
I understand the 750 is no match for a litre jap bike, but to give it the slagging off you have is a bit overboard.

You speak of it being embarasingly slow, and your friends had to wait for you several times - i put it to you that your friends are either riding like complete lunatics on public roads or your just not the quick rider you think you are!

Im currently waiting on my F4 750, but have ridden it back to back with my current bike, a cbr600rr and theres really nothing in it speedwise. Infact i much preferred the F4 in every way.

Ive done some group riding with guys on litre bikes and i can assure you at no point in the spirited journey was i ever lagging behind, and i believe i'd more than match that pace with the MV.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Isn't there something wrong with your MV?? Okay, it's slower than a 1000, but not that slow. I had a 750 once and never had such problems.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maxy, yeah there is, when you give the throtle a quick blip it sometimes dies and takes ages to restart.

my main moan, is how slow it is on take off,

are they all slow up until about 6000 rpm?

am i trying to hard to compare it to the 916 ducati i had bilt by baines.

i just dont know, just know its pissed me off.

looks the part tho, lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i still got a speeding ticket today on the way home from stratford, 90 in a 50, luckily the copper was interested in the bike and gave me 3 points and £60 fine, thought i was lucky

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
You should be able to pick up a 1000S F4 like mine for between £8 - 9000 depending on mileage/condition etc. I haven't ridden the latest R1 but then I haven't ridden a 312 either, but if it was a choice between a 2 year old F4 and an R1 of the same vintage, there's no difficult decision to be made IMO.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
john said:
You should be able to pick up a 1000S F4 like mine for between £8 - 9000 depending on mileage/condition etc. I haven't ridden the latest R1 but then I haven't ridden a 312 either, but if it was a choice between a 2 year old F4 and an R1 of the same vintage, there's no difficult decision to be made IMO.
I/m really not sure I would buy another MV, this is my third, each one I buy I find the build quality and quality of the parts is less than my old bike, I'm pissed off with it overheating in traffic, they've only had 7 years to sort this problem out, I don't think I would buy a Ducati either, the 1098 looks quite poorly built, you know, i'm not sure I just would'nt buy a Fireblade :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
imnoteasy said:
hi al.

just thought ild say thanks for being a great website, but im trading in my f4 750 for a r1, as i cant take how slow the thing is and i cant afford a 1000 mv.

i hate the jap stuff but, my mv is so slow its embarrasing, i went out today and my mates had to wait for me several times,

the bikes got no power low down, well below 9000 rpm anyway and pulling off is a joke, looks the nuts, but just to slow. no one could beleive it when they had a go, were shocked

Bryan
If you are complaining that a modern 750cc 4 cylinder bike is too slow, and your "mates" have to pull over and wait for you, then you have the wrong mates. That is, if you're on the street. If you're on the track, fine, that's fair.

If you're on the street, find a new crowd to ride with. Or just stop riding on the street. I shudder to think of what is being done that a 750cc 4 cylinder is too slow for.

·
Registered
266 Posts
imnoteasy said:
hi al.

Bryan
You problem with keeping up just doesn't sound like the norm. Could be that a simple sprocket tooth change and a PC Commander is all you need to put a grin back on your face. G'luck!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i struggle when in traffic and i have to keep slowing down, and then having to over take,

may be i was having a bad day, its only my second bike, my first was the ducati,

yeah some of my mates are dangerous, leave them to it

1 - 20 of 63 Posts