MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost 4yrs of owning a 1090RR I have sold what has been the best bike I have owned, reasons time for a change and I wanted something easier to ride, meaning I am not getting any younger lol. So I have bought something completely different which I have to say is a mighty fine piece of engineering albeit it will never be a pretty bike.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,374 Posts
Right.

Have a good look in the mirror - look right into your own eyes - then give yourself a good slap upside the face.

:)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Must be some sticky tires to be able to hang from the ceiling like that.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Ditto to the above. It's one redeeming feature is the plop sound when the quick shifter is used.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You guys crak me up.
I've owned both a 910R and a K1200R (the precursor to the K1300R in the picture) for a number of years.
The Beemer is a very satisfying bike to ride in all conditions. Heaps of grunt, plenty of character, comfie solo or two up with luggage, excellent road manners in tight twisties. What's to complain about?

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts

·
Vendor
5,638 Posts
It's not my cup of tea,but as long as you are happy,thats all that matters.:)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
:yo:

It's f...kin ugly. :ahhh:
Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder.
Personally, I think it has character and don't find it ugly. And I've only had two beers after my round of golf :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like bikes that are different, one of the reasons I bought an MV so I hope you know what I am saying, I just add it my owned list Benelli TNT, Guzzi V12, MV1090, Diavel...all no go bikes to some but I don't regret buying any of them. The beamer is a cracking piece of engineering though and was probably ahead of its time, fly by wire and its smooth... lol

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
In the car business, we've got a saying......"there's an ass for every seat...." :stickpoke

·
Registered
517 Posts
Finally, something uglier than the Suzuki B-King.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Guys,
Is it April already?

I have 2 K100's in the garage so I feel as though I can here :barfalot: among friends.

Hopefully it will get stolen:ahhh:

Peter

·
Registered
310 Posts
yep one ugly mother f"""""ker
my mate owned one and I remember when we drove in the alpes, I could ride cirkels around him with my brutale 1090 RR while he was sweating to get it up the twisties( and he's a much better driver then me !!)
it weigs about 400 kg and has the wheel base of an oil tanker..
but with the wife on a holiday and criusing on the highway ist a good bike..

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
yep one ugly mother f"""""ker
my mate owned one and I remember when we drove in the alpes, I could ride cirkels around him with my brutale 1090 RR while he was sweating to get it up the twisties( and he's a much better driver then me !!)
it weigs about 400 kg and has the wheel base of an oil tanker..
but with the wife on a holiday and criusing on the highway ist a good bike..
What a load of crap! Ignorance is a beautiful thing.
MY K100R is just a tad over 200kg and holds it with the best in the twisties, including at the track.

Just because you have a nice bike doesn't mean everything else is shite.

While I love my 910R, there are a number of features on the Beemer that put it to shame...suspension is one that comes to mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I've ridden with one before, but found I had to stay ahead or far offset from it, since when he cracked through the gears it would pop out flame and occasionally I'd feel bits hit my helmet. I told him I thought his motor was giving up, but he said it normal.

FYI - didn't matter how fast he pushed through the gears, the Brute stayed with him easily.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts