MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

my brutale 910 developed some kind of buzzing noize.... i can't pinpoint the location yet...

noize seems to come on at 6k rpm and higher...

Have anyone noticed something similar?

·
Registered
798 Posts
ks9mm said:
HI All,

my brutale 910 developed some kind of buzzing noize.... i can't pinpoint the location yet...

noize seems to come on at 6k rpm and higher...

Have anyone noticed something similar?
Yep, mine seems to buzz at that rpm somwhere in the dash. The solution - rev it higher. Mine disappears somewhere past 7-8k.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I have the same buzzing. It bothered me for weeks until one day I decided to get to the bottom of it and dedicate a ride to finding out wtf it was.

It's the mirrors. In my case, the right/throttle side mirror. Touch the mirror glass itself, and watch the noise go away. I dunno how to remedy the issue, but it's satisfying knowing what it is. You can get some of that blue tack (ya know the stuff you use to hang posters on the wall with, it's like putty) and put a very tiny amount on the edge of the glass. It's nothing permanent, cheap and moveable. Temp solution is to also adjust the mirror, then adjust it back...work for oh, a couple minutes, before it starts buzzing again....

·
Registered
922 Posts
oicdn said:
I have the same buzzing. It bothered me for weeks until one day I decided to get to the bottom of it and dedicate a ride to finding out wtf it was.
Yes, I'll do the same. Been too busy hanging on for dear life when I ride--that's not entirely true but seems like a good excuse.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just got my 910R and it has it too. Sounds like the left mirror on mine. I think I recall my 2000 F4 having something similar...? Oh well, at least we all know it's something common and NOT just our own bike.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Mine buzzes just under 6k, and now with the midpipe, even more so...It feels like everything rattles, but it's only for a couple hundered rpm.

·
Registered
774 Posts
oicdn said:

It's the mirrors. In my case, the right/throttle side mirror. Touch the mirror glass itself, and watch the noise go away. I dunno how to remedy the issue, but it's satisfying knowing what it is. You can get some of that blue tack (ya know the stuff you use to hang posters on the wall with, it's like putty) and put a very tiny amount on the edge of the glass. It's nothing permanent, cheap and moveable. Temp solution is to also adjust the mirror, then adjust it back...work for oh, a couple minutes, before it starts buzzing again....
Got the same buzz for the same reason,, glass of the mirror touching plastic.
I can solve by adjusting it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
How about changing to some nice Rizoma mirrors..... :stickpoke no mor buzzing noise for sure and you can actually see :naughty:

·
Registered
798 Posts
northface said:
How about changing to some nice Rizoma mirrors..... :stickpoke no mor buzzing noise for sure and you can actually see :naughty:
Well, you guys are correct. I hadn't noticed the noise was gone, but riding home last night I paid attention to it after reading this thread. I have the Rizoma naked limit mirrors, and the noise must have vanished after I installed them months ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts