MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I'm really tipped over on a turn (which is a rare thing) with ball of the foot correctly on the inside peg, I'm getting this interesting buzzing feeling in my boot on the outside. I don't think I'm scraping the boot cause I've felt that and it's rougher. This is just a tickling type buzzing feeling. I'm using AlpineStars with a little leather worn spot in front of the plastic side pucks. It seems the times I've noticed this, I've NOT been hanging off to hard but leaned pretty hard. Could it be the peg dragging, indicating I need to hang off more???

·
Registered
257 Posts
If boot or peg is scraped, you can easily see that. If not, the "problem" might be vibrations.

GreetS

·
Registered
79 Posts
back in the day I had a similar feeling racing GP 250s, and would go through 2 pairs of boots a season, turns out I'd been pushing / weighting the pegs too much (trying to keep the forces low) learned to relax and focus more on counter steering, that helped, also changed the pegs. You have an earlier post about foot slipping off, I'd start with new pegs. Check the wear pattern on the bottom of your boots to see if the little nub on the peg is indenting itself into your boot.

Homer

·
Registered
259 Posts
Could be that you're breaking the sound barrier -- sonic waves will do that to you.

Some time ago, someone pointed out that my cornering would benefit from getting down more... moving the center mass (chest) down to the level of the tank. You'd know you got it right when your outside elbow would be against the outside of the tank.

Then all of the usual advice: kiss the mirror, load the inside peg, etc.

Sure enough, this helped the leaning off, and reduced the probability that I'd put any hardware down on the blacktop. That said, this was on a big, heavy BMW K1200RS. If you're dragging hardware on the MV, you're ready for a sponsor!

Anyway, I'm sure you've fiddled with all manner of body configurations -- thought I'd pass along that tip that helped me out.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i have notice the more i lay on the tank the more comfortable the lean is as well. it's like i'm grabbing the front axle with my hands and steering. i still have some to learning to do yet. i wish i had more time so i could do a track day.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I think it's just a slight bike vibration at a certain rpm or something.

Getting my Pilot Powers mounted today. I installed the 1/2" spacer bracket lift to the front fender to fit the new 120/70. 180 on the rear. Can't wait to try the new profile!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
HHester said:
Thanks guys, I think it's just a slight bike vibration at a certain rpm or something.

Getting my Pilot Powers mounted today. I installed the 1/2" spacer bracket lift to the front fender to fit the new 120/70. 180 on the rear. Can't wait to try the new profile!
Mine buzzes just under 6k rpm, felt through the pegs.

Where did you get a spacer for the fender?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made it from a 1.5" L-bracket bought at the hardware store. Cut it, drilled out for a 1/4" sockethead bolt and the stock 5mm sockethead mounting bolt. Actually, the hole spacing on this bracket was about 5/8". It lifted the front fender just fine. BTW, it doesn't lift straight up but at a 45 degree angle forward and up. I'll take a photo and post once the new tire is mounted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts