MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all new member here.Has anybody bought from overseas,i live in the UK and with the strength of the pound at the moment may consider buying from America or Europe.I am after the SENNA 750 this summer the dream bike for me. :moped:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
buster said:
hi all new member here.Has anybody bought from overseas,i live in the UK and with the strength of the pound at the moment may consider buying from America or Europe.I am after the SENNA 750 this summer the dream bike for me. :moped:
Hi and welcome.

I don't know how the UK law is regarding importing vehicles, but is it's like in any other EU country (and i guess it is, maybe with some smalls differences) i wouldn't advice importing a bike from the US, because you'll have to pay duty tax, VAT and i think the registration is a PIA.

But if you import from another EU country you won't have to pay duty or VAT (in the VAT case, if it's a second hand bike and VAT was already payed in the origin country)

But try to inform yourself about how it works in the UK before you buy anything :friday:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Buster, your in luck!! i just did this..........It was actually pretty simple.
First you need to find a person or shop that will sell it to you and act on your behalf as the shipper it makes things much easier on your end.
Buying from a shop would be easier cause the bike would be crated and have all of the "Haz-Dec's" on it already, plus it saves you money on crating costs.
Hey if you want just PM me on the site and i will give you my # here in germany and i will tell you all about it, i.e. good shipper, costs and particulars.
lata
Chris

·
Registered
796 Posts
no you,do not pay for where a product is imported from,but rather where it was made.here is just the difference between the vat and an extra 10% if it s not made in the eu.you might have to get an eur1 certificat to prov that it was made in the eu although i ve never heard of someone from the eu that bought a european bike from america.but i see your point,you can get a much better deal these days.but have you tried mainland europe?it will save you a ton of grief,paperwork wise

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

thanks for the info!!I will look into it a bit more.I was in Germany not long ago and saw the car prices which was a lot cheaper which is why i looked have started to look into buying abroad.Will warranty be effected if buying overseas say Europe if any work was needed to be done in the UK? :moped:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Buster,
Not sure you will have much joy on the warranty front as that needs to be done through Three Cross (the importers). The warranty is generally with the country you purchased the bike from. Might be worth giving Three Cross a ring to check. You will also need to get the light fitting changed for our side of the road.
Cheers,
Tont

·
Registered
200 Posts
buster said:
Hi Buster, try this, then email Andy Crowther at [email protected] to collect it for you, unless of course you ride it home :drummer:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Actually that second one looks a beauty, 150km on the clock for a 2004 model!

€22900 = £15400, plus I'm sure you could knock a hefty discount off.

Mind you, in Ireland a bike with under (I think) 500miles on the clock is considered new for import purposes, and therefore subject to VAT at 21%!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts