MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Do the math and be sure you understand trade offs. Another issue: will your MV dealer survive and offer warranty work? Mine went poof 4 months after buying my Dragster RR. All in all cash is king. I never finance bikes or cars.
Good luck!
Indeed cash is king, however, sometimes it pays to finance. Depends on your financial picture.
Survival of the dealer is a question no one could answer. I have one dealer 1.5 hours from me in one direction and 2.5 the other way. Both have been around quite a while and have very good reps. But, you never know. Life is full of risks. That's part of the trade off.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Did you see if you could get the full 3 year warranty on a used bike? I bought my 2009 1078rr in 2011. Low mileage, all the carbon fiber after market goodies and titanium pipes installed. I got all the original parts, so I know it's never been crashed, plus the seller had a history of buying new, tricking them out and moving on after a year or 2. I then bought a 3 year full warranty from the dealer that included all maintenance, all repairs, a set of tires and a battery. Fortunately I have been lucky with service issues and it's been a great bike! Peace of mind was worth it to me AND I got a great deal on a great motorcycle. I've had a few other bikes since I bought the Brutale, but I'll likely always keep my Brutie.

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
383 Posts
@JohnRomano
You are buying an MV -- No math in the world will be pertinent to the fact that you are buying with your heart -- It will NEVER be "sensible" or "Good economy" to buy or own an MV .. owning and spending money on an MV is a sin ... And we are all sinners :LOL::devilish:

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Took delivery on Thursday. Brand spanking new 2019 with a three year warranty.
This thing is nuts. Very angry motorcycle. I can’t wait till the 600 miles is up!!

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
I bought my '08 Brutale 910R with 4,200mi for $4,700 it has a salvage title
(both upper radiator mounts have tiny dents in them)
At that time 910Rs were going for around $13,000....
It was hit in a parking lot, payout $4,995 so the bike cost me minus $295
Damage;
broken CRG mirror glass
broken clutch lever
bent shift lever
scrape on Motovation bar end
scrape on tank where the paint was blistered
Bike now has almost 40,000mi
valve cover has never been off since I got it
burned out 2 low beam bulbs
battery lasted 8 years
still on the original chain and sprockets