MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a leftover 2004 Brutale S that has been in the crate until today. Is there anything I need to worry about or check for with it sitting in the crate for the last 2 years or so, and anything in general about the 2004 that I should be concerned about? It's a long distance from where I live to the dealer and I want to be sure that nothing is wrong with it before I leave there.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Don't do it!

Get new 910; you will not regret extra $ in the long run. 910 has updated gear box, more power and BETTER engine & fuel mgt system. 2005 Brut I believe was different than 04.

Brut guys tell him the truth.........

Peter

·
Registered
645 Posts
Check the fluid levels, tire pressure (a good idea before every ride) and make sure there is no battery corrosion. It should be under warranty anyway, so you should be OK. If its the brutale at an MV dealer (im pretty sure I know where your getting it), you shouldnt have a problem. Good Luck, your gonna love it!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I will second Peter's thoughts. 750 is great but if you can afford a 910 its worth the premium and resale value will be better. There are now a lot of 910's on ebay. Whatever you do...make it an MV :)

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I also got my 2004, new in April. You will love it! I have ridden the 910, and still prefer the 750 (although I do lust after the 910R :naughty: ), plus there are other benefits like a significant discount on the purchase (presumably you are getting one), and lower insurance rates.
Between the 750 and 910, JamesC started a thread a while back, and IMHO it basically comes down to whether you prefer the to ride supersport type bikes, or liter bikes.
But either way, you will not be dissapointed :)

Oh, but my fuel sensor was defective, BTW, but was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Don't confuse the poor guy. Just get one, you will not be dissappointed either way. I have owned 750s & 910s, both awesome!!! bikes in there own way.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Getting a 2005 Brutale 750

Well I've put my money down on a 2005 750. Picking it up next week.

Dealer said he'd want me to keep a close eye on things and bring it in pronto if there was any leaks or sounds. He said it's just a precaution as the bikes been sitting for a year and a half.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input so far, I appreciate it. I'm set on the 750 because the only reason I can afford a Brutale period at this time is because of it being so heavily discounted.

It is from an authorized MV dealer so I don't have any worries there. I guess I'll just do the usual pre-ride check and hope they went over it good today while setting it up. I'm going to be riding it back so just don't want to get standed half way inbetween :tongue:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Benjamin St.G said:
Thanks for the input so far, I appreciate it. I'm set on the 750 because the only reason I can afford a Brutale period at this time is because of it being so heavily discounted.

It is from an authorized MV dealer so I don't have any worries there. I guess I'll just do the usual pre-ride check and hope they went over it good today while setting it up. I'm going to be riding it back so just don't want to get standed half way inbetween :tongue:
sounds like you've thought this out well... and you are on the right track
i can't wait for you to get your bike and come back and tell us about it
....... we would like to have sound and video files of this new baby of your's as well.... please

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't want to jinx myself because I haven't signed any papers yet, but the price is about what I see used ones going for. If everything goes right I'll have it on Saturday, I'll post up some pics/video/audio if it happens!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm was going to trade in my current bike on it, but had a buyer for it who wanted to see it yesterday, so I postponed my trip to get the Brutale. Then my buyer backed out because his wife rammed his racing bicycle into their garage roof. I'm hoping to get my Brutale next Saturday now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I've joined the MV Agusta owner family, I picked up my Brutale on Saturday. It was a long drive there and back in 100+ degree temps but it was worth it. But in my rush to get my other bike loaded up and get underway I forgot to bring my camera, so I'll have to take some pics of it this week.

I'm still learning how to ride it, it's a big change going from my 996 to the Brutale, but I can already tell that it's just as fun or more than my 996 was. It's definitely less temperamental (so far), so that's a nice change. I'm being a wimp and more or less following the factory break in, but with a few quick runs past the current recommended limit I can tell it's going to be fun to ride when fully broken in :D I think I enjoy the inline powerband better than the twin as it makes the bike feel faster on my seat of the pants dyno. ;)

My only complaint so far is the seat, my butt *barely* fits on it, and I can see that on longer rides that it won't be that comfy. So I guess I'll have to look into what aftermarket options there are...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ben, please let us know your opinion about the ergos.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Benjamin St.G said:
Well, I've joined the MV Agusta owner family, I picked up my Brutale on Saturday. It was a long drive there and back in 100+ degree temps but it was worth it. But in my rush to get my other bike loaded up and get underway I forgot to bring my camera, so I'll have to take some pics of it this week.

I'm still learning how to ride it, it's a big change going from my 996 to the Brutale, but I can already tell that it's just as fun or more than my 996 was. It's definitely less temperamental (so far), so that's a nice change. I'm being a wimp and more or less following the factory break in, but with a few quick runs past the current recommended limit I can tell it's going to be fun to ride when fully broken in :D I think I enjoy the inline powerband better than the twin as it makes the bike feel faster on my seat of the pants dyno. ;)

My only complaint so far is the seat, my butt *barely* fits on it, and I can see that on longer rides that it won't be that comfy. So I guess I'll have to look into what aftermarket options there are...
congratulations on your brutale
great choice

we'd love to hear more DETAILED info about your early experiences with the bike when you have time...
and..... please take those pictures soon

thanks for being here

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 25 Posts