MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Turn signals and clutch switch aswell.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
These are some of the things fixed in major service and last time it went to the shop for repairs.

@ figifister and @ marko Hope the things you have pointed out are listed below.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wow. Nice post with the repair bill. It comes to $2,268. for the odometer reading 31,354. You should be good to go!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow. Nice post with the repair bill. It comes to $2,268. for the odometer reading 31,354. You should be good to go!
Thanks Terrys. I got someone asking to check few things. I thought this would give everyone an idea on what it costs for major service and also things they have worked on this bike I am going to buy.
There is small change in the manufacture year. They posted it as 2016 but with the bills I could see it is 2015.

·
Wing Nut
21,560 Posts
Some of those parts prices are just crazy !! $30 for a spark plug ?? $170 for the air filter ??? Dang.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Some of those parts prices are just crazy !! $30 for a spark plug ?? $170 for the air filter ??? Dang.
You are right. That’s what the “dealers” charge for every single thing. More than normal price and GST additional 😂😂.
That’s why we need a mechanic outside the dealer market to get better price and also to avoid ripoff. So many dealers are just like insurance company personal trying to scare you with the word “just in case “ god forbid “ etc

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Welcome! 2016 is a great year although I am biased. Come join the fun! I can't speak for prices as I live in the United States but if everything checks out and you think it's fair, go for it. Lots of resources here to help if you have issues as well.

Hi Figifister, sorry the bike is 2015 I checked the rego search as the receipt show the same. The dealer tried to explain this must be manufactured in 2015 but registered in 2016.
I got the search with 2015 so. Any idea of price reduction I can negotiate for wrong year advertisement?

·
Registered
817 Posts
That's generally how those things work. Build year is 1 less than registered year. Nothing comes to mind that differentiates a 15 from a 16. I wouldn't worry about it especially after they performed a major service as in depth as you have shown. I never hurts to try to get an extra five hundred bucks off...give it a shot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That's generally how those things work. Build year is 1 less than registered year. Nothing comes to mind that differentiates a 15 from a 16. I wouldn't worry about it especially after they performed a major service as in depth as you have shown. I never hurts to try to get an extra five hundred bucks off...give it a shot.

That’s what I thought. After a little research everything seems to be in place as some bikes are made at the end of the year to launch for the fresh year. Anyways they are giving me a new front tyre as I see it was little old from the pictures ans asked if that can be changed. Other than that I don’t think it is ok to ask for more.

·
Wing Nut
21,560 Posts
All manufacturers begin next year's models mid-way through the year. It has been this way forever.
Cars, bikes, whatever.
You will be looking at new 2022 models on the showrooms this September.
My 1975 Yamaha RD350B has a build date on the VIN sticker of October 1974.
The VIN will tell you what the year model is, regardless of what anything/anyone else may say.

·
Registered
419 Posts
You will be fine after this big service. 135$ for an hour of mechanic work! Crazy, in Croatia I pay 30$. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
All manufacturers begin next year's models mid-way through the year. It has been this way forever.
Cars, bikes, whatever.
You will be looking at new 2022 models on the showrooms this September.
My 1975 Yamaha RD350B has a build date on the VIN sticker of October 1974.
The VIN will tell you what the year model is, regardless of what anything/anyone else may say.
Yes you are right. I have check the vin number and decoded the manufacture year.
Do you have the Rd350 still? That my favourite bike. I have 2000 yamaha Rx135 5 speed back in India. That’s a rear abs vintage now. Rd 350 was a big thing back in 80s but the company discontinued it after the 2 stroke regulations and pollution control. But there are so many people still maintaining those bikes and restoring them every few years with a lot of cost and efforts.

·
Wing Nut
21,560 Posts
Do you have the Rd350 still? That my favourite bike.
Why yes...I am still in the restoration process. Waiting on the frame to return from sandblast and paint. Engine is ready as are the forks and wheels.....I'll post some photos when done.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts