MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to Mv TV / TVL owners who are very limited in the wide world 馃榿. I know this is not a regular Japanese bike to be seen in very second street.
Coming to one I am going to own is 11k Aud ex rego and all duty etc. Also there is an unlimited kms extended warranty for 1500$ for 3 yrs. what you say about this ? Any good taking this extended warranty or it鈥檚 just a up sell like all dealers do.
The bike hav 34k kms on the clock so the major service done and little more was spent to change/fix some stuff that costed few thousand $$. (Can ask the dealer for the pics of all the service receipts).

Ok now the question is does these bikes have any frequent issues or any problems that needs dealers only to fix them. It鈥檚 34k already so how long this bike can go before I have a major service/ repair day.

I am don鈥檛 to sound like budget bike guy but want something better so that I don鈥檛 have to see the dealers or mechanics every now and then riding occasionally.
Hope to see some expert advices and help like important mods or accessories to fit and good mechanics for these bikes in Melbourne. may be if there are some groups catching up on weekend trips.

Wing Nut
Welcome to the family @Ravi V !! If it has made 34K already and been properly serviced it should be good to go for that many mikes and more without anything bit proper maintenance.
There have been some other 3 cylinder MVs experience engine problems, but I have not heard of any TVs having those issues. The extended warranty may still be worth having....but read the fine print carefully !!!
I take it you are in the Melbourne area??

Registered
Welcome! 2016 is a great year although I am biased. Come join the fun! I can't speak for prices as I live in the United States but if everything checks out and you think it's fair, go for it. Lots of resources here to help if you have issues as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the family @Ravi V !! If it has made 34K already and been properly serviced it should be good to go for that many mikes and more without anything bit proper maintenance.
There have been some other 3 cylinder MVs experience engine problems, but I have not heard of any TVs having those issues. The extended warranty may still be worth having....but read the fine print carefully !!!
I take it you are in the Melbourne area??
Thanks for the quicks reply @esq'z me. Yes they did service the bike at authorised dealer at 15k and 30k. About the fine print do I have to look for any special mentions or clauses they usually trick or mention as T&C apply kinds of stuff.
The dealer mentioned everything mechanical/ electronics that fails is covered including in labour.
yes I am from Melbourne. AU and I think I have seen only 1 bike which is red colour somewhere far from my place. Looks like Brisbane QLD people are more into these exotic bikes as there are more listing-on bike sales. 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! 2016 is a great year although I am biased. Come join the fun! I can't speak for prices as I live in the United States but if everything checks out and you think it's fair, go for it. Lots of resources here to help if you have issues as well.

Thanks @Figifister. I was hoping this group would help me in the near future for anything I want to add to the bike or fix it in case something goes wrong. Also want to see if someone is keen on group riding for near by places on a weekend.

Registered
Stick around, learn some stuff, help others and I'm sure you will find opportunites in your area.

Registered
Hi Ravi V, Have you tried Mid-life cycles in Richmond?
And if your bike is the white tank, was looking at buying that. Beat me to it.(y) Was a good price.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Ravi V, Have you tried Mid-life cycles in Richmond?
And if your bike is the white tank, was looking at buying that. Beat me to it.(y) Was a good price.
Hey ddmv,

thanks for the reply. I went to midlife but there was noTVL in stock with them.Someone actually put up a add for red one with 14k kms but was not have the panniers. Still it was priced for 12500$ and now the guy is not responding.
If you are buying the white one we can exchange as I am getting a red one and it comes from Sydney.

Registered
Yes Mid life has not much in stock. Still looking at bikesales, but not much out there.

Registered
Hello @Ravi V and welcome! I own 2016 model with 30tkm and I don't have any reason to sell it. The bike is beautiful and really fun to ride. I did not have any major issues. If you can, check rear hub if it was serviced, other then that I don't really know what else you should be careful about. Good luck!

Registered
Check the rear hub and sprag clutch, when was the last sprag installed? Does the hub have excessive play in it?

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Yes Mid life has not much in stock. Still looking at bikesales, but not much out there.
There are some good ones but the cost if close to $20k. I spoke to the 2017 white TVL owner he might go down to 17k, the bike has only done 6800 kms.
there is another red one with no kms and fitted with fm exhaust is also willing to sell around 17k mark. Try those 2 if you are ok to spend little more.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Hello @Ravi V and welcome! I own 2016 model with 30tkm and I don't have any reason to sell it. The bike is beautiful and really fun to ride. I did not have any major issues. If you can, check rear hub if it was serviced, other then that I don't really know what else you should be careful about. Good luck!
Hi Marko, thanks for the suggestion. They are offering a free service which would be mostly oil & filter change and some routine checks. But I will insist on doing the hub check.
I see there are quite a no of things done in the 30k service. But Iwill get the list and post here. May be you guys can analyse what and why they are replaced or repaired.

Registered
Hi Marko, thanks for the suggestion. They are offering a free service which would be mostly oil & filter change and some routine checks. But I will insist on doing the hub check.
I see there are quite a no of things done in the 30k service. But Iwill get the list and post here. May be you guys can analyse what and why they are replaced or repaired.
I am still on my first sprag clutch so this is something that varies from bike to bike but the rear hub was never part of the recall or some special service action and many people had problems with top hat spacer grinding the hub due to the low quality rubber cushings that would not last more then few tousand km. This was mainly problem with 鈥15/鈥16 models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I am still on my first sprag clutch so this is something that varies from bike to bike but the rear hub was never part of the recall or some special service action and many people had problems with top hat spacer grinding the hub due to the low quality rubber cushings that would not last more then few tousand km. This was mainly problem with 鈥15/鈥16 models.

Turn signals and clutch switch aswell.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20

Thanks Marko, I will ask the dealer to check these things. They provide 3 months warranty in the bike and I am taking a extended warranty to be safe so they want to have a look at these things before the bike is sold.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts