MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
18,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From DealerNews.com
Publish date: May 17, 2010

Online rumors are flying that Harley-Davidson has found a buyer for MV Agusta.
Reports say likely buyers for the company are Claudio Castiglioni and Federico Minoli. The buyer would be getting a bargain-basement price, rumored at $43 million, on the money-losing unit H-D bought in 2008 for $109 million.
Castiglioni revived MV Agusta (and Ducati, Husqvarna and Cagiva) in the late ’80s and early ’90s and has been running the Italy-based company for Harley. Castiglioni and Massimo Tamburini are responsible for Ducati’s 916 and the MV Agusta F4, according to the South African Web site Wheels24. He is reported to have the backing of Italy’s Intesa San Paolo bank.

Minoli, who reportedly has private equity backing, turned Ducati around after Cagiva sold the brand in 1996, and headed the company as CEO and eventually president of its operations until resigning 2007, the Web site says.

Posted by Holly Wagner

·
Registered
351 Posts
I Think The The Deal Is Not Close Yet, Cag And Castle Can Offer A Little More To Close The Deal!!!!:stickpoke

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
It goes without saying that Castle & CAG would be the preferred owners of MV, but failing that it would be nice to see it going back to being Italian owned.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Well then Claudio Castiglioni can prove again he cant run the company:):lightning
I don't know. Run up millions in debt, sell company while keeping your spot as CEO, get two new bikes and buy it back for a fraction of the cost. Looks pretty good to me!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
43 million is more than I make in a whole year!
unless you add Beth's government salary......:stickpoke

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
It goes without saying that Castle & CAG would be the preferred owners of MV......
They could call it "MV by Caggle".......:jerkoff:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
43 million! Ah, if only I'd known..............
If that's yen, then I'm in........

(poetry from a Bubba.....oxymoron, eh?):laughing:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't know. Run up millions in debt, sell company while keeping your spot as CEO, get two new bikes and buy it back for a fraction of the cost. Looks pretty good to me!

Oh you mean he planed that all along?:) Well if that is the case he is a genious.

·
Registered
852 Posts
From DealerNews.com
Publish date: May 17, 2010

Online rumors are flying that Harley-Davidson has found a buyer for MV Agusta.
Reports say likely buyers for the company are Claudio Castiglioni and Federico Minoli. The buyer would be getting a bargain-basement price, rumored at $43 million, on the money-losing unit H-D bought in 2008 for $109 million.
Castiglioni revived MV Agusta (and Ducati, Husqvarna and Cagiva) in the late ’80s and early ’90s and has been running the Italy-based company for Harley. Castiglioni and Massimo Tamburini are responsible for Ducati’s 916 and the MV Agusta F4, according to the South African Web site Wheels24. He is reported to have the backing of Italy’s Intesa San Paolo bank.

Minoli, who reportedly has private equity backing, turned Ducati around after Cagiva sold the brand in 1996, and headed the company as CEO and eventually president of its operations until resigning 2007, the Web site says.

Posted by Holly Wagner

Let's hope it secures the companies future then

·
King of Bling
9,808 Posts
Good Luck MV, you are going to need it !

Claudio’s previous business track record can be regarded as impressive, so we can only wish him and his backers the best of luck for the future.

However, I’m sure the Banks that are financing the deal know what they are doing, especially as they are well regulated by the Italian government.

It goes without say that all Banks and venture capitalist are good judgement of character and business plans, and would in no way speculate millions on some doggy deal that is built on a House of Cards in a hurricane storm.

Yeah Right!

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
The only thing I care about is that they go racing again. Whomever buys it whether it be Claudio or Cag needs to budget in a racing program. It's the best marketing out there for a bike company especially if they're winning. Just my .02.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It goes without saying that Castle & CAG would be the preferred owners of MV, but failing that it would be nice to see it going back to being Italian owned.
ok, if you prefer this option then all italian members in this forum will be glad to start a pool for a higher bid.

I start the pool with 1 million :smoking:

come on guys !

1 - 20 of 39 Posts