MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my F3 fell into the Bumpy paint on the tank plague that happens from the fuel we have here in US. adding to that have the problem with the fairing as well.... Talk to my dealer said that he will try to get me the parts per the warranty sometime in the next few weeks.

So who else had this problem here in the US with the 2013 models of the 675?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I just reported the problem to my local dealer and expect to receive a new fuel tank from MV. Problem is, the new one will do the same unless coated inside so the fuel won't get to the tank material.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just reported the problem to my local dealer and expect to receive a new fuel tank from MV. Problem is, the new one will do the same unless coated inside so the fuel won't get to the tank material.
Are you having the dealer do it? I have done it on some older hondas to prevent rust. I don't know if I want to do it on my MV. I usually use POR-15.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Ah bu**er. I believe the UK is moving that way. :(

There is a thread on this elsewhere, UK uses 5% ethanol (E5) in all fuel except BP's and Esso's super/premium/ultimate unleaded which is ethanol free. There was rumour of moving to 10% (E10) in line with EU but as yet nothing has happened. I haven't check on MV but I know Ducati will not honour their warranty if anything above E10 has been used?

Would like to see a picture of the damage?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Can you post a pic? Someone here mentioned this before. My bike seems fine (Canada, land of blended fuels as well).
We have a few more "non-ethanol" fuel options than our friends down south. BC at least has Husky 94, which is nice for tuned machines. All the 94 gas station options East of there use ethanol to up the rating.

This is how you know the fuel lobbyists aren't automotive/motorcycle enthusiasts.

·
Registered
583 Posts
We have a few more "non-ethanol" fuel options than our friends down south. BC at least has Husky 94, which is nice for tuned machines. All the 94 gas station options East of there use ethanol to up the rating.

This is how you know the fuel lobbyists aren't automotive/motorcycle enthusiasts.

Where do you have a Husky station? I don't think I've seen one on Vancouver Island, at least not in Victoria where I am. Any way, I'll have to see if I can find one. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

What my dealer told me that they will use a new type of primer under the paint to not let it deform from the fuel.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The problem is the effect of the ethanol on the inside of the tank. How could paint primer on the outside solve this issue?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The problem is the effect of the ethanol on the inside of the tank. How could paint primer on the outside solve this issue?
Well all i know of is that they fixed it somehow and that they will send the new tank with proper technology to back it up with :)

Now i just hope that techniques used will solve this problem

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yup, it's the ethanol. My dealer told me from the beginning to ONLY use ethanol free fuel. Which I have done since I bought it and have had no probs. I also bought a bunch of little pocket sized bottle of ethanol gas treatment and keep one in both of my riding jackets pockets at all times just in case I get into a situation where I mush purchase regular fuel.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Also, if you're in the states....Look up "Pure" gas stations...all of their gas is ethanol-free.
Great site but shows no stations within 20 miles or more from me. I have checked a couple on the list and they only have 87 in ethanol free.

I was thinking the same with the ethanol treatment.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts