MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer called me after he got off the phone with the trucking company. Truck was to arrive Friday, but since it is Good Friday, the loading dock at my dealer will be closed for the holiday! :bawling:

So I am looking at a Tuesday delivery, (closed on Mondays) and have to drool over all the ride reports and pictures of you lucky ones who have the bike already!

Post pictures of your bikes please!!! :stickpoke

John T

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
airfuel said:
My dealer called me after he got off the phone with the trucking company. Truck was to arrive Friday, but since it is Good Friday, the loading dock at my dealer will be closed for the holiday! :bawling:

So I am looking at a Tuesday delivery, (closed on Mondays) and have to drool over all the ride reports and pictures of you lucky ones who have the bike already!

John T
Not to mention the couple days it's going to take to setup. Sucks...

Dock closed? Give me a break.

·
Registered
756 Posts
John that's so painful...just missing it by a day. I wonder if you can somehow get a different answer. Is the dealer really closed tomorrow? Or just the dock...which doesn't sound right. Fortunately Joel just got the crate and is going to try to deliver mine tonight. He initially wondered if he had all the paperwork. I said don't even think about it...this bike is insured...I have several spare plates hanging around. Just rip open the crate and take my $. I will try to ride it up this weekend. In fact, coincidentally, Chris called and confirmed that they are getting MV...which is great. I'm so excited...particulary after hearing all these great initial reports. :drummer:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gladio said:
Not to mention the couple days it's going to take to setup. Sucks...

Dock closed? Give me a break.
The dealer in NYC is in a huge building that uses a central loading dock. It is union run and does have the holiday off. (That's NYC for you)

He WILL set it up first thing Tuesday and I will pick it up that day. Oh well.

Good for you MVorBMW!! :guitarist

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MVorBMW said:
Chris called and confirmed that they are getting MV...which is great. I'm so excited...particulary after hearing all these great initial reports. :drummer:
Well, it is lucky for me that Cliffs Cycle Revolution is now an MV dealer. Parts, accessories and service right at the place my business is located at! How sweet is that?? :smoking:
Even though I do most of my work, I trust only these mechanics with my bikes.

John T

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thanks John...I will do my best to ride up on Sat. I'm a little left of center...but no longer support unions! T minus 1 hour on my delivery. We have to arrange a local MV ride soon. :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I just wish you guys weren't moving further north. I've had a very good history with Cliffs.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
airfuel said:

John T

I know it's cold comfort John, but you will appreciate the bike more when you do get it. :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
John: how could you do that...?
Now with that avatar, everytime you post, we won't be able to concentrate on you message anymore and may never be able to actually read and comprehend your posts...? :naughty:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MVorBMW said:
I just wish you guys weren't moving further north. I've had a very good history with Cliffs.
Just 2 exits and 7 miles more! I think your bikes can cover the extra miles...besides, his new place is going to really really nice. A New England destination for sure.

John T

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
John: how could you do that...?
Now with that avatar, everytime you post, we won't be able to concentrate on you message anymore and may never be able to actually read and comprehend your posts...? :naughty:

How nice of you to say that Kamran, :) I thought most people found my posts hard to comprehend anyway with my Brit sense of humour!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Guys, the bike is well worth the wait. I feel your pain of waiting though. I was in your shoes just two days ago. You guys will love it. I already have 200 miles on it. Just got done putting all of my CF and other add-ons on the bike. The bike is amazing!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Pics :stickpoke

·
Registered
798 Posts
MVorBMW said:
Where the heck is Cliffs moving too, and when? I love that place.

And PLEASE don't schedule that CT ride next weekend! I have to be somewhere. But any weekend after that is fine with me.

MVorBMW, congrats on being able to take delivery. Please post some pics!!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
The bike is impressive. :king: After a relatively short ride from the dealer I think the suspension is more impressive than the power relative to the 750. Nice to have the immediate torque but it felt a lot more solid and planted. Not overly firm. In a word...perfect. MVItalian....they set mine up relatively low so the seat height felt just slightly taller than my 750. Consistent with the break-in thread and some discussions with John/Airfuel I opened it up quite a bit. It is up to the task. Very nice sinister look...although I still do really like the classic red tank/black frame/silver star wheels. All it needs...is the is full racing exhaust - to match the crazy, manic wail of the 750. Big thumbs up. drummer:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Glad that you have your R!!!!! I had to park mine now.....thunderstorms are coming.
MVorBMW, do me a favor and locate the resistors on the R. I can't find them for the life of me. I know left side below the gas tank but unless I'm blind, which I could be, they are not there. I need to replace the resistor with the one supplied for my clear LED taillight.
Also, how do your feet sit on the ground now? My dealer told me to wait and let the bike settle but I'm going to do it myself. Do you know if they had to adjust anything else or can you just adjust the height?

Enjoy that bad boy :guitarist

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
anucci said:
Where the heck is Cliffs moving too, and when? I love that place.
Cliff's BMW/Aprilia/Ducati, and very soon to be MV Agusta has just been renamed "Cliff's cycle revolution" and will be relocating (along wth me, Dyno-Solutions) just up the road about 7 or so miles to Federal Road in Faifield county CT.

The place will be almost 3 times as large and quite the place to get to.
He (we) will make the move sometime at the end of the year. It will be VERY cool. :cool:

John T

1 - 20 of 37 Posts