MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I own a F4 today and considering adding a Brutale 910 to the bike shed. My dealer offers my a 910S or a 910R. What are your views on that?

I'm leaning towards the R version but do I get my moneys worth?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

cheers, zeta

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So R you say... here in Sweden we pay 5000 USD more for the R then the S but on the other hand I will buy race can and middlepipe anyway and the breakes and the wheels are awsome...

so maybee the R version it's for me... I'm getting information on the delivery time later today I think and that pays a role to since the riding season in Sweden ends in september.

Spalding, Have you taken delivery of yours yet?

MV Blackie, What do you think about the tourque on the 910 engine?

cheers, zeta

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
zeta said:
MV Blackie, What do you think about the tourque on the 910 engine?
compared to the 750 : unfucking believable :yo:
compared to the R : dunno :stopp:

there will alway's be new improved models, but thats not going to make me love my baby less ..... :blah:

·
Registered
798 Posts
In my opinion, unless you plan on tracking the Brutale a lot OR you plain out love the looks of the R, then go with the 910s. Personally, I went with the 910s because I HAD to have the red/black color scheme with the red frame. I knew I was not going to be a track junkie with the bike so I did not need the upgraded brakes. Would I love to have the Brembos? You bet, but not enough to give up the red/black. I have decided to track the Brutale in a month or two. But chances are, in the long run, I am going to pick up a used Ducati 749 or F4 750 for the track.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will not do any track on the Brutale. Trackdays I use the F4 for. This year I got my first baby so there will not be so much time for trackdays but next year will be full...

Talked to the dealer and he will look into a good price on the R version since I bought the F4 from him... so on monday I will decide. I was asked to think about what parts I would be interested to get in a deal... do you have any thoughts?

Thanks and cheers, zeta

·
Registered
154 Posts
For any type of aggressive street riding or for the track, get the R. Everything included on the R contributes to it going faster ... makes a noticeable difference on hard canyon riding. Also, I don't know if the regular 910 comes with the Pirelli Supercorsa Pro, but I highly recommend these tires. If anyone has had experience with the Michelin Power Race tire, please chime in.

·
Registered
735 Posts
i find the r styling kind of uninspired; a little too under the radar

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The rims on the R version is really cool. I guess that the weight savings will make it easier into the curves. I'm I wrong when I asume that the rims will fit my F4 as well?

I would love to try the R version rims on the F4 on the track to feel the difference.

Thansk for all contribution.

//zeta

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Mika said:
i find the r styling kind of uninspired; a little too under the radar
Yup, the ultimate sleeper bike!!

If you want extroverted, buy a ricky racer CBGIXXER10!

Besides, the regular Brutale S's are a dime a dozen! Tired of seeing them on every street corner! :laughing:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I agree with airfuel, there's something about that steathy(under the radar) 910R...

It's just so well done. MV got it right with the R!!!! No apologies!

The original Brutale is awesome too of course.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't forget the upgraded shocks and the full Ti exhaust with new EPROM is included. The '07 model does not come with these goodies but the price is the same. If you can get the '06 910R now you better scoop it up for the $3,000 difference.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Brutaleman said:
Don't forget the upgraded shocks and the full Ti exhaust with new EPROM is included. The '07 model does not come with these goodies but the price is the same. If you can get the '06 910R now you better scoop it up for the $3,000 difference.
you are WRONG about this statement.....
please don't MISlead others who might want to buy the "R"

the 2007 comes with a racing slip-on, racing midpipe, EPROM chip.... forged wheels, monoblock brakes... upgraded sachs fully adjustable suspension

that is worth 7K....
3K is a bargain.....
shop around and find out for yourself
3K is cheap as dirt for all that.... period

the ONLY thing that the 2007 doesn't come with that the 2006 did (and still does NOT have, by the way).... is the racing HEADER... they won't give it to you for the 2007 because they don't even have any made to give to the 2006 folks yet.

the price is the same... but, considering the crappy value of the american dollar at this point... the same MRSP for only 1 less racing header on a VERY LIMITED/SEXY/DESIRABLE bike is a pretty good deal

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
312 Posts
herrsonic said:
If anyone has had experience with the Michelin Power Race tire, please chime in.
I always loved (and still loving) the pilot powers
I'm testing the 2CT for the moment , good tire for mixed use (hard compound for long straight distances and softer compound on the outside for fun in the corners)
but 2CT is not ideal for track only

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
MV Blackie said:
I always loved (and still loving) the pilot powers
I'm testing the 2CT for the moment , good tire for mixed use (hard compound for long straight distances and softer compound on the outside for fun in the corners)
but 2CT is not ideal for track only
I'm looking to install these as well, please keep us updated on their performance, thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Between the S and the R I decided for the R so now I'm only waiting for the dealer to make me a good offer. I probobly need to make some room in the Bike shed as well :eek:

cheers, zeta

1 - 20 of 67 Posts