MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was out on patrol for the environmental bug habitat control in the NW! Rode up to Mt Baker, and around Chukanut drive with some farm country excursions....sea level to sky (snow level). Including a very relaxing dinner (fresh Halibut) along the way...all in all, 350 miles of mostly twisties riding. Here are a few 007 style (cell phone) pictures (sorry for the quality!). :drummer: :conveyer: :conveyer: :conveyer: :conveyer:

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow!! Bug patrol looks like a fun job and has good benifits. With views like that, who needs money??? Oh wait, need money for gas.....

How long did that trip last Kamran? 5 to 6 hours? I've been up to Mt. Baker once on Jan 1st for snowboarding, and it seemed like a pretty long trip.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
benzo_76 said:
Wow!! Bug patrol looks like a fun job and has good benifits. With views like that, who needs money??? Oh wait, need money for gas.....

How long did that trip last Kamran? 5 to 6 hours? I've been up to Mt. Baker once on Jan 1st for snowboarding, and it seemed like a pretty long trip.
It wasn't that bad. It probably took about 7 hours of riding (with lunch). The last 10 miles up Mt Baker was very slow due to traffic. I kept slowing way down between turns so that I could open the throttle into the turns, before I was on the rear end of the car in front. I took hwy 9 going up to 542, then to Mt Baker. From there, back down to Bellingham and over to Chukunut Drive along the Puget Sound, through Mt Vernon/Le Conner area, crossing I-5 to 9 and down to Snohomish. Then through the farms to Carnation/Ames Lake Road, and back home. I typically do several one day 400~500 mile rides around here in the summers. This was a short one. My favorite ones are to Neah Bay, and up Mt St Helen (watch for forest rangers). You need to allow 10 hours of riding with lunch break for those. When I rode to Neah Bay, I rode the entire time without a lunch break, except for a snicker bar at the gas station, and the wait at the ferries.
I might go up to Neah Bay this Sunday again...(from Port Angeles to Neah Bay is 70 miles of undulating non stop twisties, each way, partly along the mouth of Puget Sound).

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
pigiolino said:
Wery Good Kam!!!!!
But I'm asking:what speed you can do in USA with so much police and limit of speed?
pier
Well, I have changed my riding habbits. I ride a maximum of 30% over the speed limit on the straights, and then try to either maintain that speed or open it up (go faster) going into corners. Maximum speed on our Freeways is up to 70mph (straight line). To go fast on a straight line, I take it to the track, where I can also enjoy the turns/corners too. Speeds of over 100 mph on our public roads will get you jail time... if you're caught :jsm: :stopp:

Today a couple of us took the ferry to cross the Puget Sound to ride up to our Infamous Neah Bay at the very tip of the Olympic Peninsula. From Port Angeles to Neah Bay is 70 miles of continuous undulating twisties...each way (140 miles total). :king: :drummer:

Below are some pictures of the bullet holes in the speed limit sign, scenaries, :cool: the little Inidian Shack where the infamous guy who smokes fresh Salmon @ the Bay & was written about by NY Times, etc...(Yum, lunch!!! :tongue: ), Looking across the water at Victoria Island/Canada, Neah Bay, the Ferry Terminal, and ferry docking for departure... Great temprature and great day for riding....Hope you guys enjoy the pictures... :drummer:

Attachments

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
Well, I have changed my riding habbits. I ride a maximum of 30% over the speed limit on the straights, and then try to either maintain that speed or open it up (go faster) going into corners. Maximum speed on our Freeways is up to 70mph (straight line). To go fast on a straight line, I take it to the track, where I can also enjoy the turns/corners too. Speeds of over 100 mph on our public roads will get you jail time... if you're caught :jsm: :stopp:

Today a couple of us took the ferry to cross the Puget Sound to ride up to our Infamous Neah Bay at the very tip of the Olympic Peninsula. From Port Angeles to Neah Bay is 70 miles of continuous undulating twisties...each way (140 miles total). :king: :drummer:

Below are some pictures of the bullet holes in the speed limit sign, scenaries, :cool: the little Inidian Shack where the infamous guy who smokes fresh Salmon @ the Bay & was written about by NY Times, etc...(Yum, lunch!!! :tongue: ), Looking across the water at Victoria Island/Canada, Neah Bay, the Ferry Terminal, and ferry docking for departure... Great temprature and great day for riding....Hope you guys enjoy the pictures... :drummer:
Thank you for post and your answer.
I know USA police are very serious!
Thank you for photos,are beautiful!
Thanks,it is a pleasure to know you.
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pigiolino said:
Thank you for post and your answer.
I know USA police are very serious!
Thank you for photos,are beautiful!
Thanks,it is a pleasure to know you.
pier
U'r very welcome Pier, glad "you" liked them...

On another note, I'm thinking of posting a thread about "if people wear underwear while riding" LOL :loser: :jsm: :drummer: , looks like there's more curiosity & interest in those threads than actual routes & wilderness places to ride....!!! LOL :ahhh: :bash: :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
"if people wear underwear while riding"
:laughing:

Kamran, we have plans for a mid July trip next year. Have you ridden much of Oregon? I have when we lived there but on a DR, will be quite different on the sport bikes. We'll prob hit Crater, coastals then across the Cascades to Central OR and up to Hood/St. Helens. July 13, 14 or 15 ish we'll be at the Oregon Country fair but otherwise riding. We'll be hauling the MV, duc and who knows what friend's bikes. Should be good fun.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JamesC said:
:laughing:

Kamran, we have plans for a mid July trip next year. Have you ridden much of Oregon? I have when we lived there but on a DR, will be quite different on the sport bikes. We'll prob hit Crater, coastals then across the Cascades to Central OR and up to Hood/St. Helens. July 13, 14 or 15 ish we'll be at the Oregon Country fair but otherwise riding. We'll be hauling the MV, duc and who knows what friend's bikes. Should be good fun.
My friend who was killed last week by a drunk driver doing a U turn did live in Bend area. He always told me about central and eastern Oregon. He said that'd be one place where the roads are wide open and there are no cops... He was actually on his way back from riding there. So, I have been thinking about riding out there next when I get a chance...

Road up to St Helen is probably one of the best for "non-stop" twisties...I never thought I'd possibly get tired (I have good endurance), but I do on that trip...the turns just come at you one after another for ever it seems. That road also eats up a lot of sport riders every year. Some of the corners don't have shoulders, and the volcanic "gravel" just rolls onto the road surface at the apex of the turns and catches riders off guard! There are also a few forest rangers out there who have made it their mission in life to ticket sport riders (due to number of deaths, and bikes flying off the clif!). The view is also one of the best there. If you guys want some extra company, I may be game to join you guys then...

Attached are a few pictures from St Helen. The one with the three of us has the St Helen in the back ground. The one that is the same as my Avatar is looking down at the lake that was created looking down from Windy Ridge...

The last one is from Deception Pass, which is one of the inlets/mouth of Puget Sound...massive tidal movements...

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
More Mt St Helen, today...

K, just got back from riding around Mt St Helen today. :popcorn: I actually climbed up it twice today. Went discovering all the back/side roads... Ended up doing about 550 miles today. :popcorn: Great weather, no traffic except for coming back when I took the freeway. :popcorn: Rode to Carsen city along Columbia river, and back. I made it to the gas station in Carsen while the bike was running on fumes!!! :popcorn:

The pictures below show how the vegetation is coming back to the area. The typical Western Washington landscape is very densly populated with evergreen type trees. The pictures below are very bare compared to the norm around here, due to the blast in 1980. :popcorn: For those who don't know, Mt St Helen blow its top off in 1980. :popcorn: In one of the pictures below, you can see the crater steaming (8th picture down). The new landscape is being formed with the new vegetation and all the old cedar logs stripped and laying down in the direction of the blast (5th picture, logs in the distance...against the bare hill sides). :popcorn: One of the pictures also shows the mud lake (from the mud flow, 3rd picture down) that was formed with all the logs it carried and laying on top of the mud. Another shows how the lake water is beside the mud lake.... :popcorn:

Attachments

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
HOLY POPCORN, BATMAN! :jsm:

great pics, kamran!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, it'd be great if you could make it up here for the ride.
But I was hoping I could capture the details...you have to be there to actually see it! The whole landscape is like a shag carpet (log sticks laying on their sides), with new growth coming up. The force of the blast was so high that all branches were ripped off, leaving only the trunks behind. A few years ago, this place was like Moonscape. It's amazing how fast life has come back to the area...Where there's new green vegetation, was nothing but several feet thick volcanic ash/mud...It was like cement trucks had dumped their loads over the area.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Fantastic pictures Kamran. Bug control eh...remember this :jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
john said:
Fantastic pictures Kamran. Bug control eh...remember this :jsm:
....John: even the bugs "love" you!!! :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: