MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own an 1125R but had too many electrical problems with it and luckily Woodstock HD in Illinois was awesome enough to buy it back off me without me losing my butt.

I still like Buell but if I paid $42K-$45K for a bike, it had better destroy anything that pulls up next to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQbIz0DfdRU&feature=player_embedded

·
Registered
530 Posts
I used to own an 1125R but had too many electrical problems with it and luckily Woodstock HD in Illinois was awesome enough to buy it back off me without me losing my butt.

I still like Buell but if I paid $42K-$45K for a bike, it had better destroy anything that pulls up next to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQbIz0DfdRU&feature=player_embedded
you are kinda buying 'what it is' not 'what it does
kinda like jewlery, those in the know, will know
those who arent will stand by and say they could have gotten a Big Four bike for half the price and spent a quarter of that on go fast accesories.

Here are a few S1 diamonds that lesser quality jewlery may show up:
Desmocedici
R7 (corked)
MV CC
Bimota (name it)
Confedarate (name it)
Vyrus
ect. ect.

These are bikes that are top shelf purchases.
Yes. A more inexpensive bike may match/surpass these bikes, but you are buying more than just a walmart brand, you are buying the boutique, thier story, thier heritage and thier accomplishments.

I put it to some folks I know this way. That T-shirt from Armani and walmart may be from the same field, but one went to an artist and one went to the cookie cutter.

Tree

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Tree makes a good point. I don't think that people who buy the high dollar bikes are looking for the fastest bikes, they're mainly after exclusivity.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Buells-:jerkoff:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
you are kinda buying 'what it is' not 'what it does
kinda like jewlery, those in the know, will know
those who arent will stand by and say they could have gotten a Big Four bike for half the price and spent a quarter of that on go fast accesories.

Here are a few S1 diamonds that lesser quality jewlery may show up:
Desmocedici
R7 (corked)
MV CC
Bimota (name it)
Confedarate (name it)
Vyrus
ect. ect.

These are bikes that are top shelf purchases.
Yes. A more inexpensive bike may match/surpass these bikes, but you are buying more than just a walmart brand, you are buying the boutique, thier story, thier heritage and thier accomplishments.

I put it to some folks I know this way. That T-shirt from Armani and walmart may be from the same field, but one went to an artist and one went to the cookie cutter.

Tree

I'm just making chatter. I know the people who are after these bikes. Personally, I wouldn't buy one just to look at it in my garage...I would smack around Hayabusa's with it up and down the highway. :bandit:

I didn't buy my F4 for that either. I don't ride to my local coffee shop and park it outside only to brag about it to everyone that pulls up. I bought it to ride it until the wheels explode. I bought it because no one around me has seen one on the street and that's where it belongs. Track is cool too. ;)

·
Registered
530 Posts
I bought it because no one around me has seen one on the street..............
Exclusivity :)

I know your not a squid (dont worry) :)
It just gets to me when other guys (we are talking about the other forums) bases bike values on a spec sheet printed by thier favorite mag.:jerkoff:

Erik is suppose to have some really hot stuff now. His ass needs to hurry up and open his company again (and since he doesnt have a soul to sell anymore, this time should be great!!)

Tree

1 - 7 of 7 Posts