MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Through some really dumb luck, I was able to purchase a new in box Samsung Blackjack for my Cingular cell service...For $50.00!!!

Two days into it, and I will give this thing two big thumbs up! Running Windows Mobile with unlimited internet access, and email sync, I am having a blast! Music, videos, internet, email, QWERTY keys, and a 1.3MP camera, and that is just the beginning of the list...Hot little toy!

Check out the picture quality, a dramatic improvement over my SLVR...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
668 Posts
The Blackjack is a good phone. Samsung has done some impressive work the last few years with their product line. I would have bought it, but I couldn't stand another day with Cingular so I went with the Moto Q on Verizon. No more dropped calls.

No, if you want the highest zoot equipment, check out Apple's iphone that they just unveiled at CES. The whole face is a touch screen, it plays vids, music and has a full qwerty keyboard (again, integrated into the touchscreen so no buttons necessary). Too bad it's on Cingular.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/first-iphone-pics/

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The iphone does look intruiging! I guess it depends on the area for Cingular, as I have had absolutely no problems with dropped calls...I switched to them from Verizon for too many dead spots in Los Angeles. I carry a new Blackberry 8703e (Nice unit) for work, it is on Sprint/Nextel, and I almost threw it out the window after it dropped my third call yesterday...On two of those three calls, I had customers on the line..Friggen' frustrating!

Greg, not sure about the Treos...No opinion on that one, but I am very pleased with the Blackjack, and the purpose was simply to post a 'thumbs up' review in case someone out there was looking at it. The Pearl is a bit smaller, but the nature of my day is a lot of emails, and the Pearl has the especially annoying feature of having two letters per key, which makes sending emails a slower and more thought involved process...I need the QWERTY keys or I go bonkers.

INTERESTING SIDE NOTE!!! For those of you with PDA type phones, I have REALLY fallen in love with 'Google Maps with Traffic'! Depending on your area, it is basically Mapquest combined with your local-news-station-style traffic conditions overlayed (can be turned off). Flip a key and you can get a satelite photo with enough zoom and resolution to recognize co-workers cars in your parking lot! AMAZING, and for anyone who drives alot and has route choices, very cool, you can pick your route before you even leave based on traffic conditions. Also has a turn-by-turn feature that scrolls the map along to your next turn, you simply press a key after you make each turn...Poor man's navigation!!!

Go to this website from your cell phone's browser, follow the instructions, it is free. Sheck it oud!

http://google.com/gmm

Griff
twoeleven

P.S. Blackjack also does a very nice job of giving me wireless access to this beloved site...Blackberry struggles a bit with it, as everything gets all scrambled up!

·
Registered
796 Posts
i am thinking of buying an older model called nokia n91.it has 4 gb of disk space 2 mp camera,radio,a high end headphone jack and because it s a symbian you can get a lot of cool and useless software on it.but the best about it is that you can atach a gps module and you can have a lot of maps in that 4 gb memory.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I am posting this and my last post from blackjack pretty awesome.
Can not wait totry out iphone. ohh forgot to mension i am stuck in trafic jam :smoking:

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JamesC said:
A big +1 although I'm sure google would shudder at calling them mapquest! :stickpoke :laughing:
Fair enough...But when I first starting using Google, it was just a search engine! Mapquest is a complimentary comparison as IMO it was far better known before Google even had maps!

Griff
twoeleven

1 - 13 of 13 Posts