MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you arriving by air who need transportation to the hotel, or those wishing to rent (hire) a car, here are some names and numbers to call. They are all familiar with the event, they have been recommended by the Director of Sales at the Hotel.

AutoMax - Greg Davidson, 770-607-7000 Cartersville (Rentals without a driver)
*Faith Shuttle Service - Aaron Freeman, 678-777-5099 - ($25 airport fee)
ShuttleTran - Issac, 706-235-5466 (out of Rome)
Enterprize - 770-607-2020, Cartersville (Rentals without a driver)

30 people have indicated to me they will be attending the banquet, the list is currently at 26 but will be updated again this week.

We are still working out details for things to do for NRSOs. The aquarium, the Cola Museum, (Coca-cola began in Atlanta) and the Art museum in Cartersville are on the list.

I will be speaking with Randy "slim" Thompson later this week.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Carl- Please add Patty and me to the banquet list will you?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Hey Dave....you must be getting a bit twitchy :) ....under 4 weeks and counting !!

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
shuttle

hey Carl;
the Hilton Garden Inn says they have a free shuttle from the airport a whole 2.4 miles.....just thought i'd put that up there

Noel-theknurl

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
hey Carl;
the Hilton Garden Inn says they have a free shuttle from the airport a whole 2.4 miles.....just thought i'd put that up there

Noel-theknurl

......that's the Cartersville Airport, not Hartsfield Jackson. The Atlanta airport is approximately 40 miles from the hotel.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Well I know the Kiwi contingent will be living vicariously through you !!! :) ....we're just all very envious !!

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
You Kiwis that are jealous just don't realize...Dave and Melanie are staying with me for a few days at the start.......Hope he can deal with a bare floor and dusty disorganized bachelor pad !!!

Seriously, I hope to have a bed for them to sleep on before they arrive (sheets???.... maybe not.)

No....we are getting close. This will be a great time. Already put in for my vacation time so I can immerse myself in the experience......

Randy, thanks again for making this happen.

Last week my 85 year old aunt asked me if buying the MV was a good investment...I told her, maybe not from a financial aspect, but absolutely a good investment from a personal aspect......

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Last week my 85 year old aunt asked me if buying the MV was a good investment...I told her, maybe not from a financial aspect, but absolutely a good investment from a personal aspect......
Agreed! I met with my t-shirt lady today to finalize the design and layout for the upcoming Bubbalicious Collector Edition T shirt. I spent 15 minutes trying to explain my envolvement with MVs and this forum to her........wierdo Italian motorcycle......arcane group of international bike nuts.......family of enthusiasts.....all thanks to Alvin.

:)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Well I know the Kiwi contingent will be living vicariously through you !!! :) ....we're just all very envious !!
So with a Kiwi leaving the Island is there a big celebration and sheep being stump broke all over the farm? Lots of booz and sweet love making with cousins?

I have never been there Only seen it in pictures in National Geographic

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
For those of you arriving by air who need transportation to the hotel, or those wishing to rent (hire) a car, here are some names and numbers to call. They are all familiar with the event, they have been recommended by the Director of Sales at the Hotel.

AutoMax - Greg Davidson, 770-607-7000 Cartersville (Rentals without a driver)
*Faith Shuttle Service - Aaron Freeman, 678-777-5099 - ($25 airport fee)
ShuttleTran - Issac, 706-235-5466 (out of Rome)
Enterprize - 770-607-2020, Cartersville (Rentals without a driver)

30 people have indicated to me they will be attending the banquet, the list is currently at 26 but will be updated again this week.

We are still working out details for things to do for NRSOs. The aquarium, the Cola Museum, (Coca-cola began in Atlanta) and the Art museum in Cartersville are on the list.

I will be speaking with Randy "slim" Thompson later this week.

Got any idea what's on the menu for the banquet yet Carl?

:popcorn:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not yet.

Randy assures me the woman at the hotel is a real looker, but she absolutely sucks at returning phone calls.
Or, perhaps my standards of customer service are higher than most.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
In flight entertainment

Not yet.

Randy assures me the woman at the hotel is a real looker, but she absolutely sucks at returning phone calls.
Or, perhaps my standards of customer service are higher than most.

Its no good being a real looker if its SPAM on the menu for dinner Carl??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

On another subject I was recently informed that Delta didn't do free wine and beer anymore on Transatlantic flights :lightning

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k3178792-Free_Alcohol_drink_Continental_Us_Airways_American_Airline-Air_Travel.html

So on behalf of the revellers who are flying in for the Bubba Bash, I have just googled this misinformation and this is what I have found out:-

"Delta offers free wine and beer on their transatlantic flights. I think they now have about 9-10 flights a day to London from various US cities counting the former Northwest flights. (Wasn't sure if you meant they "don't go to London" from Houston" versus "they don't go to London at all")"

How many drinks runs do they perform on a typical transatlantic flight? If you go to the galley, are they happy to provide (free) alcohol as requested?

So its best to get a seat located close to the galley I suggest.​

Worry Over!!

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

On another subject I was recently informed that Delta didn't do free wine and beer anymore on Transatlantic flights :lightning

So on behalf of the revellers who are flying in for the Bubba Bash, I have just googled this misinformation and this is what I have found out:-

"Delta offers free wine and beer on their transatlantic flights. I think they now have about 9-10 flights a day to London from various US cities counting the former Northwest flights. (Wasn't sure if you meant they "don't go to London" from Houston" versus "they don't go to London at all")"

How many drinks runs do they perform on a typical transatlantic flight? If you go to the galley, are they happy to provide (free) alcohol as requested?

So its best to get a seat located close to the galley I suggest.

Worry Over!!​

:popcorn:​
Phew - you had me worried with your first comment. Glad that's cleared up otherwise would have had to find ways of smuggling my hip flask aboard :eek:

Let the flight begin :friday::friday:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
N.B.

All out of town guests! I spoke with Michelle today, I should have a good idea of what is on the menu for Saturday by next week.

IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATION PLEASE DO SO BY CLICKING ON THE LINK UNDER RANDY'S SIGNATURE.

So far, only 8 rooms have been reserved. I will be wading through the bubbalicious 2 thread and if you said you were coming, you will probably get a pm from me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts