MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1727 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 4th annual Southern Fried, MV Agusta Pride, barbeque, motorcycle museum, track day, and mountain ride, (known as the Bubba4) is on!

Friends and riders from all over the world are attending this years event which will be the best yet.

Here is the tentative schedule:

Friday, Oct. 19 is the bar-b-que hosted by the big Randaddy and his lovely wife Jackie at the Randarosa.

Saturday, Oct. 20 is our mountain ride.

Sunday, Oct. 21 is the trip/ride to the Barber Motor Cycle Museum in Alabama.

Monday, Oct. 22 is our track day in Alabama.

Past attendees will notice the mountain ride and museum ride have been switched. The brain trust could not think of a reason why this did not make sense, but the brain trust is Randy, me and Ed. We consulted with Dave Hands and he thought it made sense as well.

There is a change to the track day also.

We're having a scooter session. Scooters, pitbikes, etc. are all welcome. They will NOT be on the track with full size bikes.

This is not open for discussion because Jackie and Beth want it to happen. So it will happen.

Hopefully this will be the thread where all information, questions, comments, etc. will be posted.

If you have questions you would like answered privately, PM, email, call or text (860) 625-4732.

I'm looking forward to meeting ya'll!

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no cost to attend the event. There is an entry fee for the museum. (Worth it.) There is a fee for the track day. (Worth it.)

There is no cost for the Bar-b-que at Randy's house.

Lodging, gas, food, etc.

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
Damn, does that mean I have to get the C100 Cub ready for the track?

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
..yup, yhose damn 6 volts...hard to find!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Obviously, I'm in. Somebody has to give liberalism a voice, Ed can't handle this task by himself.

I'm curious, why the switch with the mountain ride and the Barber day? I don't care either way, I'm just wondering what the reason was.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Hi Elton,
Sunday morning ride out to Barber gives a longer day at the museum and an overnight stay within very close proximity to Little Tally.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
He didn`t say anything about dunces .

·
Administrator
21,087 Posts
We'll need to find a convenient hotel in Alabama for Sunday night. Pell City or Anniston would both make sense.

Track bikes and gear will need to go along to Barber....may require a little organization for cars, trailers etc for those who will ride to Barber and plan to stay for the Monday track day.
Some of us who have been fortunate to visit Barber many times can skip the ride to be logistics operatives???

So.....Time to start a Roll Call.....for the Bubba4 and secondly for the track day.

I don't know how to do that. :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've already got the whole weekend blocked-off. I Cant wait to meet all of you. Count me in on the Track-Day.
Believe it or not, it will be my first chance to Track my Y10, and the first time I've been on the Track since my last Race, March 2004 ! (I won, :smoking:) Just mostly been getting Fat since then.

Poised and ready to send the funds to cover the Track Day..........Cag?

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ed's right about the roll call, especially for the track day. I need to send in the deposit and I will need a head count to determine which plan we are going with. The last two years have been 21 riders, no more than 7 riders on the track at a time.

Lunch provided by the track, highly recommended, is $10 per person.

Here are our choices:
2. M/C Club Lease $1,500.00 Weekday, $1,800.00 Friday, $2,800.00 Sat or Sun

Max 20 participants
Max 7 bikes on track at one time
No aggressive passing
Ambulance required
4 corner workers recommended
Additional liability insurance required
3. M/C Event Lease $2,200.00 weekday, $2,400.00 Friday, $3,000.00 Sat or Sun

Max 25 bike on track at one time
Minimum 8 corner workers required
Aggressive passing allowed
1 ambulance required, 2 ambulances recommended
Major event liability insurance required

We can also hire flaggers this year. I'll look into that and find out how much it is.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Dave & Mel...are you bringing "scooter" for this event? :stickpoke

My advice to Beth and Jackie is to ban Ade from riding a scooter.

luv you Ade:heart:...it's only to ensure their under garments don't get soiled!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I am planning to attend, all events and track day

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Carl, please include me on the track day list.
Alas, Cindy, Scooter will be unavailable for selection.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Hey, just sayin' that there are already 10 names down for the track day. If you're considering attending, get that name on the list!

1 - 20 of 1727 Posts