MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yikes - a long way off the pace and outside qualifying currently.

Go Danny!!!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
If results are to be discussed then the OP needs to change the title to include SPOILER

·
Administrator
20,391 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out how many laps were completed before being too judgmental.... only 2 laps in FP1 and looking like there may be similar problems in FP2 looking at the laps done so far....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Fingers crossed they are searching for settings

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To the best of my knowledge this is only Danny's second race meeting on a Superbike, the next "biggest" bike he's raced is a 600cc Moto2 so I'd be pretty surprised if he even gets in the points this weekend, the BSB grid has a huge amount of talent in it. He's only a tad over a second behind Multiple race winner James Ellison who has been a superbike rider as long as I can remember and he's on a very good bike/team so that's not a bad effort in just 11 laps so far across the two sessions in my opinion. GO DANNY and GO MV!!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Was never going to be easy with the electronics change and no testing. The video I saw of thruxton, it sounded great but only a few laps.

That said they are doing better the Eurosport who spelt Agusta as aUgusta.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Seems they are suffering with a persistent oil leak on the Clutch Cover. Even if the mag casing are giving a bit, I would have thought a tube of Yamabond would fix it.

I think for BSB the cases must be stock RC items, and the clutch is still a wet clutch.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
A better free better warm up for Danny, 1:51.8 lap a 3.4sec delta to fastest time, still faster than his previous best by 1 second.

9 laps so appears to have had a complete session with no mechanicals. Hopefully he can build on this and through race one, keep his nose clean and get some laps and data.

Reactions: russell60

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
My understanding is that the clutch plates are checked frequently during a race weekend, so gasket vs sealant is favored. Last I saw the bike in photos it still had the wsbk billet suter branded clutch cover. Hopefully it has an oring rather than a paper gasket seal.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yep, but if you suffer the same oil leak, you asdd sealant, or at least that's what I did.

Anyone know what caused the early demise in race one?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Well it's a learning experience.

What was surprising is that Danny had only done about 9 laps on the bike before snett. I don't understand that, before they enter the series there is no restriction on testing so no technical reason why they cannot have done more, apart from time and money.

With a new rider to the circuits, a new rider /bike combo and a new bike to the team, I would have thought some more testing would be essential. At the least Danny needs to get some laps around the rest of the circuits. Nothing they can do for Thruxston as very limited days there, but for Cadwell and Oulton are so different to the circuits Danny's used to.

As for the bike, I assume it's teething troubles with a new bike?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not out in race 2
I truly hope not, but was it the MVs oil that caused Danny Buchan and Josh Elliot to go down on the sighting lap? That would all add up as to why there was no MV in race 2...... I'm 100% behind this race effort but a clutch cover leak more than once in a weekend is not acceptable at this level, be nice to hear from someone involved to find out the real turn of events though??

I know the older 312R goes great at Thruxton, so am hoping for a good weekend for the team there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Spoke to Danny and Dave just before race 2 when they were changing out the engine. Race one a small piece broke off the clutch and ended up destroying a valve and spring. They are confident for a good outing at the next round. Danny says the bike has got good potential.
As said before this was their testing with the bike and pretty much the rest of the season will continue to be testing.
The bike sounds amazing coming down the Bentley straight and under the bridge, shame it came to a premature end.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts