MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any thoughts on the recent model Brutale 675 & 800? I'm thinking about a purchase now. This will be my first MV Augusta experience and I'm a little worried about the maintenance since the nearest dealer to me is about 6 hours away. I'm strictly a pleasure rider - will probably never get to a track. I'm looking at the Street Triple R against the Brutale. My head tells me the Triumph, my heart the MV.

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
Given a choice, and money not an issue, the Brutale 800 would be my choice. The Triumph is nice but the MV is nicer.
As for maintenance...MVs are very easy to work on, and extremely reliable if maintained properly....initial satisfaction will depend on quality of dealer set-up...

Bottom line is....your choice. If you go with your heart you will likely never have second thoughts.....but only you can decide.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
If you buy the MV (and you should) please learn to type a little more carefully so we don't make fun of you. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
895 Posts
Brytale.... thats made by MV Agysta, right?
Just be careful never to type MV Augusta (or Aygysta) and you'll be fine, Tony.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
If you buy the MV (and you should) please learn to type a little more carefully so we don't make fun of you. Welcome to the forum
Brytale.... thats made by MV Agysta, right?
Just be careful never to type MV Augusta (or Aygysta) and you'll be fine, Tony.

Give the poor guy a break, he's just joined :laughing: - Y is after all right next to U on the keyboard, so I reckon more typo than misspelt, also once you hit send you can't edit titles :( BTW - make sure you have auto correct off or the Augusta - Agusta thing will really haunt you! I know! :eek:

Most important of all,Welcome aboard Tony.

My advice is when it comes to motorcycles any smack-down between head & heart should see the heart kick the crap out of the head after all the correct bike is meant to nourish the soul & the soul certainly can't be nourished if the heart is not in it.

I've never made a single decision with the head or by (God forbid) ticking boxes when it comes to bikes hence a stable full of MVs and more to come ;)

As you said, you are a pleasure rider, the MV WILL pleasure you no doubt about that, especially the 800. :yo:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is the the MV a dream bike? If so, make your dream a reality!
If not, go with the one that gives you piece of mind.
Personally, the dream is alive and fracking awesome!!!!!
:smoking:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the 800 Brutale and I love it. It is powerful and can and will demand your full attention. Remember it is not called the 800 powder puff but Brutale. The street triple is nice but it is more powder puff. Ride it with that in mind and you will be ok. She is one nice looking bike. She will blow ladies skirts up and make you go into cold sweets, thinking about how much fun she is to ride.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I've never made a single decision with the head .......
not true........Rob, you've let the little head control the big head many times........and as ugly as the big head is, that's probably a good thing. :stickpoke

Welcome to the forum Tony. :)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
not true........Rob, you've let the little head control the big head many times........and as ugly as the big head is, that's probably a good thing. :stickpoke

Welcome to the forum Tony. :)
You've got 2 heads Randy??....are they both bald?

Tony., Get the Brutale 800...,''you know it makes sense''
Brian.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
When has motorcycles been about logic?
We'd all be riding Ruckuses and BWSes.
I have no idea what a BWS is, but I love my Ruckus......

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Hey Whit, do you have a full sized picture of your avatar?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Maybe it's time to start a thread with full size pics of peoples' avatars. McWhitt's is funny, but I prefer to see Kevin's.
Amazing how we manage to get off-topic isn't it?... ;)

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Maybe it's time to start a thread with full size pics of peoples' avatars. McWhitt's is funny, but I prefer to see Kevin's.
Amazing how we manage to get off-topic isn't it?... ;)
Good idea Jon. You should start a new thread in Kitchen Sink. Here's as full size as I've got.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I reckon Tonyblaze - has blazed his way to an MV Agusta dealer with such fervour after reading our posts that he that he has melted all return roads.

Anyone else noted that he logged off 1 minute after posting and was never seen again? :laughing:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts