MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking i may be in need of a TPS set, throttle body sync and perhaps something else(?)..

I get the occasional backfire on deceleration, which doesn't really bother too much. However, my idle never settles into a steady constant rpm idle. She'll seem to hunt rather frequently between 1000-1200 or so i'm starting to think she's in need of a slight check up. I've even had a stall or two..

Brutale 1078RR with corse exhaust and ecu + power commander.

Since i've heard and read about the "lopey" idle, I thought it was normal at first but am honestly not too sure... I figured the idle would/is supposed to settle..

As I plan on doing an oil change, radiator fluid flush/change and changing my clutch slave cylinder, I should probably dive into the idle issue if I need to..

Any thoughts/advice appreciated

·
Administrator
19,554 Posts
Idle speed is too low. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have 2 1078RR Brut's, both with Corse Exhaust and ECU's. You've added the Power Commander, so you've thrown another number into the equation.

My thoughts are you need to sync the throttle bodies, which is pretty easy to do on these bikes. I assume you know it's basically a bleed screw adjustment.

These bikes do get a very strange/erratic idle when this adjustment is off.

I would make sure your master throttle body bleed screw (#2) is between 1 to 1-1/4 turn out before adjusting the other 3. These bike seem to like that setting.

Also, your idle is probably higher than your tach is reading. My tachs read 1100-1200rpm, but when I connect the bikes to the VDSTS software they read around 1400rpm.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
you can also raise your rpm at idle by adding say + 10 of fuel in your pc5 map at the 1000 rpm to say 1500 rpm range at 0 percent throttle.

you need to purchase vdsts software .

1: reset tps

2:adjust air bleed screws to raise or lower your idle speed if not idling high enough use vdsts software to adjust fuel trim.

3 : use a carbtune or similar product to sync the throttle bodies ,work of number 2 cylinder readings,try and get your rpm around 1200 to 1250 rpm.

4 : do not forget to reset your tps in the pc5 software ,very important.

5: have fun fiddling around

6: never ever touch any other screws on the throttle bodies except for the air bleed screws.

I have a post somewhere on this.

cheers eddy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts