MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldnt get the search to work for this.

Been a couple years without my 910s, could someone tell me what the manual says in terms of break in for the 1090RR? I'm going to fly in and ride home (700 miles). Specifically what are the rpm specs? Plan to stay off the highway and vary my rpms.

Thnks!
Chris

·
Administrator
20,419 Posts
Don't be afraid to open up the throttle and make the engine accelerate under load up to that 6K rpm...helps to seat the rings. Main thing is no constant steady rpm for long periods. Let the engine warm up to around 122 F before you take off coming home, gives the pistons and cylinders a chance to stabilize heat expansion. Avoids ""cold seizure" when combustion heats pistons faster then the cylinder.

Ride safe and enjoy your back road trip home getting to know your new girl. ( and take a cushion for your bottom side on that seat !!!! )

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much for all the info! I'll be curious to see how the power differs from the 910 I had or the streetfighter for that matter.

Does anybody actually do a valve check at 600 miles, I think MV's the last company to hold out for that I havent done it at 600 on any of my bikes since my 99 996S.

Chris

·
Administrator
20,419 Posts
Valve check at 600 not required since 2007.....and I have not had to adjust valves yet, last checked at 15K.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi currently floating offshore West Australia on an oil rig but looking forward to picking up my new Brutale on returning to Perth on the 18th May. In the menatime I would like ot come up to speed with the controls and settings. Can anyone send me the 1090 manual electronically?

Ged

1 - 12 of 12 Posts