MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I'm not drunk and I'm not lying. My Brutale 750 only got 25 mpg until it developed a fuel leak. The dealer replaced the melted plastic connector with a metallic one and now I get 33-35 mpg. Anyone else have a similar experience?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
seems weird...even though you likely had a leak the whole time, it's still amazing you're getting that good mileage from a 750, 25-30 in normal

·
Registered
197 Posts
doen't sound right. did you smell or see petrol in a pool under the bike? havn't done it yet but I think regearing the front/back sprocket is the way to go.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Friend fitted brass fuel connectors to his brute and he still gets virtually the same mileage as me -- about 20 mpg. We did the same twisty route, at the same speed, in the same gear, have the same tires, and ate the same lunch (ok, he ate the chicken wing). Both bikes are 750S.

If you haven't miscalculated, you are a very lucky!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
if that's true, then the bike might be running very poor and it could damage the engine in the long or medium term...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked it three times on Saturday on a 250 ride. The first two times the mileage was 33 but we were riding hard in mountains. The long stretch home was relative flat but we topped 100 mph passing a long line of cars, but even so, the mileage was 35. I'll check it around town this week and see what I'm getting. The connector was swapped in Atlanta and all I know they did was to fix the leak and a mid-service oil change. The bike has about 2500 miles on it. I bought it new in April of this year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I talked to my dealer. having problems with the bike. He said that I should be getting 30-35. They are going to replace the fuel injector computer and he thinks that may fix the gas milage problem too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts