MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
It's louder....and comparatively to a car, the gains should be minimal, but decent considering how much air is flowing through instead of getting "filtered".

FWIW, my Brutale with a midpipe as it's only engine mod dyno'd at 109.5 HP...

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I had the cat removed and Moto Corse midpipe added a week ago at the 1000km service. This morning I came to work on the Brutale, and I think it does make an appreciable difference. It's definitely louder. Sounds better to me.

Of course I'm now exploring a much higher rev range than I was before...but it seems to have a little bit more umph (read: power). And it sounds fantastic up towards 10k!

<<pics later>>

-colin :guitarist

·
Registered
79 Posts
I installed the Arrow mid pipe & carbon exhaust. The guys at Arrow's say the mid pipe slightly restricts the air flow and as a result the power is reduced by a few HP around 10,000rpm. They say that a new fuel map is required to balance and then a slight increase could be recognized.

I do not notice any loss (or increase) of power, it makes a little more noise & if I remove the baffels it sounds much improved.

Still however it sounds like an out board boat motor no matter what we do to it. Too bad with Ferarri doing engine development and the attention they pay to exhaust note you would think the 910 would sing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
After removing the cat, it seems my gas mileage is improving. The light usually came on around 105 miles. In the 2 tanks since the swap, I've seen 115 & 121.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Yeah, it seems the consensus is that mapping is afr more impotant than the pipes, as they are already very good.
I plan to reomove mine, but primarily so I can have the headers and midpipe ceramic coated to reduce heat.

·
Registered
79 Posts
fazer,

Ceramic coating, which one ...Jet hot? Anyone else done this that can share details...

-how much heat is reduced?

-how durrable is the coating?

-do it look good?...pics please

Homer

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I haven't done it yet; I'm still trying to find a way to tell my wife I'm spending another grand on the new bike, but it is becoming more imperative, as I'm having to commute in 118F heat, and the bike is regularly flashing the temp display.
As soon as I decide on a midpipe, I'm having a friend coat the pipes -- He does mainly aviation parts, but can do headers as well.

http://www.accuwright.com/industries/automotive/index.shtml

·
Registered
415 Posts
Homer said:
Still however it sounds like an out board boat motor no matter what we do to it. Too bad with Ferarri doing engine development and the attention they pay to exhaust note you would think the 910 would sing.
Haha, have you been over 5000 rpm yet Homer?! :laughing: 10 000? :)
I agree though that at low rpm:s you nailed it with the "out board motor comparicy"!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Its tough to keep the bike in the 8 to 12,000rmp range all the time & the cops here you long before you see them! So most of the time your out for a boat ride.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I like a bike with many personalities....the bike just howls as you hit the upper revs. Can't wait to hear it with a proper exhaust. :smoking:

John T

·
Registered
431 Posts
fazer6 said:
I haven't done it yet; I'm still trying to find a way to tell my wife I'm spending another grand on the new bike, but it is becoming more imperative, as I'm having to commute in 118F heat, and the bike is regularly flashing the temp display.
As soon as I decide on a midpipe, I'm having a friend coat the pipes -- He does mainly aviation parts, but can do headers as well.

http://www.accuwright.com/industries/automotive/index.shtml
FWIW, I lost every heat issue I had by getting rid of the cat.

·
Registered
415 Posts
pigiolino said:
Guys,can someone tell me the real brutale's difference without catalizer?
I learned of it very different!!!
Thanks
Pigiolino
Today i had my new (bypass cat) midpipe installed, and boy did this make a big difference ton my bike!!
I spent 350 km on it today out of pur joy, but also because i had to get to know it again - wheelies arent the same anymore -it goes straight up very agressivly in a totally new way. but in kind of a good way!..

I now reach 240 really fast, about as fast as i before reached 230. Havent been to 250 today, but as the bike feels, i believe the limitation is me, not the bike!

Love the new beast..

Pigiolino: Mid pipe is good! Catalizer bad! :)

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the_thomas said:
Today i had my new (bypass cat) midpipe installed, and boy did this make a big difference ton my bike!!
I spent 350 km on it today out of pur joy, but also because i had to get to know it again - wheelies arent the same anymore -it goes straight up very agressivly in a totally new way. but in kind of a good way!..

I now reach 240 really fast, about as fast as i before reached 230. Havent been to 250 today, but as the bike feels, i believe the limitation is me, not the bike!

Love the new beast..

Pigiolino: Mid pipe is good! Catalizer bad! :)
Thanks,
I think I will remove catalizer naxt winter by GiMotorsports (world SSTK 1000)
Thanks all for yours opinion.
Pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
261 Posts
pigiolino said:
Thanks,
I think I will remove catalizer naxt winter by GiMotorsports (world SSTK 1000)
Thanks all for yours opinion.
Pier
Just installed my Arrow midpipe bought from ebay for $299 USD. I have to say, the improvement is noticable. First, just the weight reduction from the cat to the new midpipe is worth the difference. I test rode first around the block and the sound is definetly better and the bike seems to rev much more freely. When I got on the highway got the RPMs up to around 9,000, the bike really took off, wheelies come easier now. Also, the bottom RPM range seems to be improved and there is less on/off jerking as before. Overall, I highly recommend the Arrow midpipe. The fitting was also straightfoward as well with no problems on the install.

Lorenzo

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
lorenzotx said:
Just installed my Arrow midpipe bought from ebay for $299 USD. I have to say, the improvement is noticable. First, just the weight reduction from the cat to the new midpipe is worth the difference. I test rode first around the block and the sound is definetly better and the bike seems to rev much more freely. When I got on the highway got the RPMs up to around 9,000, the bike really took off, wheelies come easier now. Also, the bottom RPM range seems to be improved and there is less on/off jerking as before. Overall, I highly recommend the Arrow midpipe. The fitting was also straightfoward as well with no problems on the install.

Lorenzo
Did you install the eprom as well?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, i installed the arrow midpipe and the new eprom as well.
Sound is "fantastic" :naughty:

Revs much better then before and - this is my feeling - needs less petrol.
Next step will be a PC III and the Brutale will be perfect.

Cheers
Ruedi

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts