MV Agusta Forum banner

Brutale1090RR 12km service

711 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  revhead1957 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guy's,pretty well finished the service except for the fuel filter,the rear hub came apart without any difficulty,no moisture ingress,needle rollers still well greased,replaced with Valvoline with 3% molibdenum very tacky and doesn't wash out,replaced cushdrive rubbers,torqued the hub pinch bolts to 27nm i even wonder if as Sir Knurl says to use less,i experimented with lower setting and you need very little torque to lock that hub tight,but i'm going with the min factory spec and see how it goes, carried out valve clearance check,as 57 recommended it's much easier taking the header tank off on a 10/11 model,bit of a pain having to remove h/bar-damper-switch assy to access retaining bracket,i;m glad i bought a pair of Clic R pliers they make removal/fitting of hoses a breeze, i noticed they've moved the filler hose on the later models with the radiator cap,i also needed to remove the inlet manifolds along with the throttle bodies,the whole inlet tract certainly looks the part,anyway the inlet clearances ranged from .18-.23mm and the exhaust from .20-.29mm just within spec,cleaned up the gasket which is perfect and put it back together,replaced the plugs which are burning evenly with a hint of tan on 95 Aussie fuel,air cleaner is perfect but i'm fitting a BMC when it arrives along with Lightech and Rizoma crash protection from Evolutionbike,changed the oil and filter, sticking with Amsoil,still in two minds about pulling the tank apart,i have the O rings and filter, it just seems low k's for a fuel filter! anyway still very happy with my MV it certainly is a well made and straight forward machine work on.Cheers Steve

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi 1957,there was good tension on the section between the cam sprockets and, the tensioner blade firmly against the chain, i've had no cam chain noise,in comparison a friend has just acquired a 2013 1090RR with 5k and he asked me the other day about engine noise and once it had warmed up you could hear the rattle of the cam chain on deceleration,not bad but it will need to be checked,it's under warranty.cheers Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.