MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
long time guest first time registered. Question?
What model to buy 910 , 989 or dig deep and go 990
This will be a keeper as I am almost 60 and get as much
enjoyment riding as I did at 16 , who said old people are
boring!!!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
It depends how agressive a rider you are. For outright performance it is clearly the 910R. However, the 910R has a somewhat hyper personality. It wants to be ridden hard. The harder you ride it, the better the bike feels. Also suspension wise. It feels good when you ride very agressively but at less than that it can feel a little harsh. Overall, I enjoy my 910R more than I could have imagined and it gets ridden more than probably all my other bikes combined (thats 15+ bikes).

The 990 is a better and certainly more refined motorcycle for the lintermediate/ess than expert level rider. All the inputs get a smoother response and the delivery is a bit more relaxed. It would certainly be a better in town/commuter bike than the 910.

It's like the 910R is a triple espresso, no cream or sugar at 10pm, and the 990 is a Cafe Latte at 2pm.

I haven't ridden a 989, but reading the specs I would expect it to be more like a un-refined 990. I personally wouldn't consider that bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Get the 1090! It has it all.... smooth power, great handling and great looks!! It will leave you with no doubts about the choice you made.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i bought a 910r. sold a 312r at the age of 63 just could not deal with it. the 910r is just a fun bike. should
have one 5 years ago. i still miss my spr in the canyons but not the riding position.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm bias, I have a fully tricked up 910R at the moment and i love it, its had a fair amount of money put into it, and for now and the forseable future i cant think of any bike i want more than this, after an air filter and PCIII custom map it rides silky smooth, it now has corse end cans as well and at the track you can upset an awfull lot of people its handling is superb.

I've had 2 750's and now this and this is by far the best, much more grunt than the 750 and doesnt leave you feeling that you always want a bit more.

either way which ever you choose you will be happy all the Brutales have a unique character that brings a smile to your face every time you ride them.

James

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Francis - an very erudite young fellow called LENCAP has some recent experience. We've not heard from for a wee while....but he's got a terrific view on things....drop him a PM ;-)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I adore my 910R, microtek ecu, redone suspension, lots of CF the thing just rocks. only problem is that i dont ride my other motos very much anymore..just only so much time. faster isnt always better

·
Registered
2 Posts
In light of previous comments are there any views as to the 1078RR, also as to each model is there a recommended lists of modifications/changes

Regards

Tuono

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I'd definitely buy a 1078RR if/when funds allow.

I'd also leave it reasonably stock....it's litre class hyber naked....does it really need mods? :)

cheers

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
Any Brutale will be a good choice...loving my 910R at 59 years old......but I hear the 2010 models are very refined and civilized without losing the MV magic.....buy any of them...you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Any Brutale will be a good choice...loving my 910R at 59 years old......
but I hear the 2010 models are very refined and civilized without losing the MV magic.....buy any of them...you can't go wrong.

+1 on comment , still loving it at 59y old :)

Drove the new 1090 model , has all the jap feel and finish is not up to finish of the Mv,s from 2001 to 2009 , if i look at the finish of my starfighter and look at the new model , hmmm
But for normal to taller ppl (i,m small) the old bruttie is too cramped i heard , just my 2 cents...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts