MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2006 brutale 910 a few months ago and haven't had a chance to ride it much for a number of reasons. It is as beautiful in person as advertised but I'm curious how brute owners would compare it to others you've owned. :popcorn:

I have a highly modified fz1 which I love and is somewhat similar but I wanted a special and unique bike to replace my Ducati 1198 (RIP - totaled by texting teen). Brutale had a great combo of performance, looks, ergos and rareness all for $6,000. Which is funny being that I have another $1500 plus already in SPU, mirrors, shipping, grips, front blinkers, etc...

·
Administrator
18,817 Posts
I LOVE my 910R.....there may be other bikes that do certain things better, but I have never felt more comfortably in control on any other street bike I've had the opportunity to ride.

That said, progress marches on......lot of new stuff out there I haven't ridden yet, but none of them look as good as my MV....and I don't see myself coming around every corner either.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
O owned a FZ1 and I have a 1090RR and there is no comparison. The 1090RR is so much better in every aspect

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a B910 s 2004 which I liked very much, after coming from a Aprilia Tuono (well sorted in the end) and the Brutale felt better.
Sold the 910s for reasons ....
Anyway, bough an 2012 Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC - the bike has lots of power, riding modes, quickshift etc, was doing EVERYTHING extremely well, but
I traded it for a 2008 Brutale 1078RR - for me a much better bike, more raw, direct, no ride by wire.

So for me the Brutale rocks!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I choose a Dragster RR because I'm quirky (and so is the bike) having been away from the road bike scene for 10 years (Was MX Racing National level)

Before that I had a Benelli Tornado Tre 900 which was like a MV only alot less reliable. I sold what was left of it after half of it falling off over the Isle of Man TT 2006. The video is still on youtube somewhere

The MV is everything I wanted it to be...Im just hoping they bring out a faster version in the next year. I think I went for it as I dont like inline 4 pots and love italian bikes 'feel'. Im a twin man really but the Benelli was raw and the triple was amazing. Got the MV hoping for the same which it 70% is

Previous road bike have been;

1 x Tornado Tre
2 x RSV Mille
1 x SP1
2 x R1
4x R6
1 x SV650S

Had a ZX6R (Old G1) and a Duc 748 both for a few weeks but didnt like either so sold quick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting that many of you have had the FZ1. I still have my FZ1, too much money into it to sell.

MV will be treated to only the best weather days and shorter rides. The FZ will go any day, any weather, any distance. Agree that the FZ is softer more suited for longer distances.

·
Registered
14,203 Posts
?

I LOVE my 910R.....there may be other bikes that do certain things better, but I have never felt more comfortably in control on any other street bike I've had the opportunity to ride.

That said, progress marches on......lot of new stuff out there I haven't ridden yet, but none of them look as good as my MV....and I don't see myself coming around every corner either.
Ed;

+1000

I LOVE my 910R too......

BEST BIKE I've ever owned.....just turned 30,000Mi yesterday

burned out 2 low beams........ thats it folks....ZERO ISSUES

still on the original chain and EBC brake pads, battery lasted 7 years, replaced with a

stock Yasua

now if my wallowing pig R1150GS, didn't need the valves done and heads retorqued

every 6,000

I've never touched the MV motor other than oil changes.......valve cover weeps a few

drops per MONTH LOLOL....... not worth the work

:popcorn:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ed;

+1000

I LOVE my 910R too......

BEST BIKE I've ever owned.....just turned 30,000Mi yesterday

burned out 2 low beams........ thats it folks....ZERO ISSUES

still on the original chain and EBC brake pads, battery lasted 7 years, replaced with a

stock Yasua

now if my wallowing pig R1150GS, didn't need the valves done and heads retorqued

every 6,000

I've never touched the MV motor other than oil changes.......valve cover weeps a few

drops per MONTH LOLOL....... not worth the work

:popcorn:
I agree about the 910r; it is by far my favorite all time bike and it's not even close. I've had over 20 and probably ridden 50 or more different bikes but there is something special about this thing. The one thing that I've noticed is that with most bikes, the more you ride it, the more get used to it and interested in trying something else. With this one, the more you ride it, the more you love it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
had a 999S, daytona 675, repsol cbr1000, F4i(honda), buell XB9s, and have put 5k miles on my '13 1090rr since buying it back in April.. great bike... i liked my 999s the best.. just something special about the way that bike was built and laid out.. but again, it had a higher MSRP than the brutale, so dollar for dollar I guess they are comparable... my brutale hasnt really given me much trouble, but i had less issues with my 999S in the 10k miles I rode it than with my MV.. I wouldnt sell the brutale to buy another Duc.. but I would like to buy another 999S or R one day to add to my collection. In general, I just dont think im a big fan of inline 4's.. next bike will be a twin or a V4 --- unless the next generation brutale convinces me to stay for the looks..

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
It's a scientific fact......"Chicks dig Brutie riders". Look it up. If you need more proof, look at Ed's new wife Pam. No way she'd hook up with him had he no ridden a Brutie.

:naughty:
:smoking:

Kidding aside, I've tried to like the new gen Brutie to no avail. I too, am partial to my 910R. I've owned three Brutales, and I've had no problems what so ever. I've ridden a 1078, and it's fine, but not nearly as pretty IMO as the 910R. Desmogged, and with a titanium exhaust to lighten it up a bit, I figure mine's about as strong as the typical 1078.

The latest generation Brutale isn't the same bike.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts