MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum. I can't seem to get enough of the naked sportbikes so here I am lurking on the forum for the most beautiful one of all. I've seen lots of talk comparing the bikes I've been thinking about; Brutale vs Speed Triple vs Tuono. However I haven't seen much in the way of comparing the Multistrada to this group. I've already had a taste of the Monster and I did enjoy it very much, but I wanted something a bit more comfortable, i.e., more upright and closer handlebars.
Am I just asking a dumb question here or anybody else consider the Multi in this group? Anybody have experience to share?
Thanks

·
Registered
922 Posts
I would imagine a multistrada excels in areas like ergos, rat duty, town & country riding, touring. I haven't ridden a multistrada so it's not an opinion borne of direct experience. The brute is drop dead gorgeous and for some of us -- namely me -- that is reason enough to win any shootout.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I have considered, am considering the multistrada.... but that is to replace my touring bike. I wouldn't put the two in the same bucket....different animals.

I'd say the Brutale, S3 and Tuono you list are a good crop to pick from. You may want to add the KTM superduke to that as well, give them all a go and let us know what YOU think! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
There must be Brutale owners out there with Multistradas. We like to hear how they compare. The closest I got to is sitting on a Multistrada 1100S in a showroom. It felt comfortable, liked the close, upright handlebars (very much like the Brutale) less cramped in the legs, good vis through the mirrors (unlike the Brutale) windshield should take the edge off the windblast. That was as much as I got. Not enough to get the wallet out. Thank you.

·
Registered
720 Posts
lean said:
There must be Brutale owners out there with Multistradas. We like to hear how they compare. The closest I got to is sitting on a Multistrada 1100S in a showroom. It felt comfortable, liked the close, upright handlebars (very much like the Brutale) less cramped in the legs, good vis through the mirrors (unlike the Brutale) windshield should take the edge off the windblast. That was as much as I got. Not enough to get the wallet out. Thank you.
I had a Multistada one year ago,i will give you comparasion later today

Ciao Mike :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
I hate to be negative but I think the multi is one ugly duck. It my be comfortable but the looks just kill me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Multistrada owner

I have a multi 2003 and enjoy it every time I ride it in the Alpes where I live.
Ok the look is not at the top of Ducati and especially from the front: the other face of the bike are nice;Ducati guys are thinking of changing the face !! let see if Terrablanche succession will be a success next year.

In terms of riding experience the multistrada is easy to ride and his torque and maneuvrability are excellent !

I am 1,93m tall and changing it for an ugly 1200GS is not my trip ! I will try next week a 910s and a Benelli trek at my dealer shop !

The 910s seems to me the top of plesure (design and pleasure) but I'm not sure to have enough place on it !

The trek is more in the multistrada trend but Benelli has not a good image in Europe with a lot of returns on the TNT, especially on the motors ...

Has anyone more than 1,9m tall try or own a 910 ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies thus far. I have considered the SuperDuke but didn't mention it for some reason.
A couple of things 'do it' for me, i.e., single-sided swing arm, comfortable riding position, etc.
I currently have an SV650s. It's a fun, light, tossable bike, but I think it's time for more.
Without riding them, I have the following observations:
Brutale: most beautiful by far! That swing arm, those wheels, power, exclusivity, upright compact riding position
Aprilia: Gets great reviews, no SS swing arm, not exactly sure on the looks, Italian
Triumph: SS swing arm, low-end torque, stubby interesting look, a little heavier, less expensive, less expensive (cheap??)
Monster: many things, but style is outdated in my mind
Multi: Really ugly in pictures, much better looking in real-life, SS swing arm, underseat exhaust, comfortable, a bit tall??
SuperDuke: has some sort of strange cool factor, no SS, have not seen one or sat on one up close.

Maybe some other thoughts and perhaps some recommendations on some local shops where I could get demo rides. I just moved to the Lehigh Valley PA from Northwest Jersey. My current shop is Trebour in NJ. It seems since the last time I've been there, they've picked up MV. I think they have everything but KTM, but they don't do demo rides as far as I know. I also know that Ferracci is relatively close for MV, that's it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had a 1100DS for a weekend, courtesy of my Ducati dealer when my 1098S was in for the 600 mile service. I can tell you that I had my doubts about that bike at first but let me just say that I thoroughly enjoyed it! More so than I thought I would.

It was very comfortable, enough get up and go with that typical big wide and fat Ducati powerband. Does not 'punch' like the Brutale but has enough power if you wind it up. Wheelies quite easily. :) Very easy to make this a daily rider. The one I got was the black one with all the Ohlins goodies on it and it handled well. Didi not like the looks of the red one at all. It to me was the better looking one than the red. Only comment is the lack of any storage on that bike. You should try and ride one. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I heard the TreK is a very capable bike from what I hear. But only time will tell. They are selling out quite quickly in Europe.

·
Registered
720 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
I asked a similar question a while back. didn't get a lot of bites, but mike21 is the man.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6872

-colin
So Colin you did the job that i was going to do,thanks for that.I`ll buy you a beer when we meet in Italy. :) :)

Just adding to the previous post that it is not suitable to compare Mulltistrada to Brutale because they are totally made for different use....
But if you asking me wich one the Brut for 100%!!It is sport bike and the design is made by the best man in the business.In my point of view P.Terreblanche is not yet even close to Tamburini.But different guy different opinion....this is mine. :smoking:

Good rides what ever is your choice...

Ciao Mike21

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 998, a Multi 1000 and a 910s on the way (Tuesday)! The Multi is a fantastic bike but its more of a sport tourer. Handles awesome, comfortable, powerful enough, etc. Great for two up riding, which is why I have it. I'm getting the brutale to do the "comfortable sport" riding. The 998 will probably go although I just love looking at it and riding it for short distances, problem is it is too "raced" out. The Multi is big and you do feel the size although it handles surprisingly well for a bigger bike. I looked at the Tuono and S3 as well. The Tuono is great but too tall for me and kinda ugly. The S3 in my opinion is the worst of all. My Multi is definitely more sporty and fun than the S3, which is a shame as the S3 is cheaper and looks cool. They say the S3 engine offers the best of both worlds but to me it was the worst of both. Torque not even close to the Duc and top end not even close to the Brutale.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
They are totally different. I could see people having both of these bikes. The Brutale is a mean angry sport bike hiding as a naked, the Multistrada is as it 's name suggest a multi road bike.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The Multistrada is a fun bike. Not fair to compare it to a Brutale. I would pit the Multi in with the BMW GS, or KTM's (but the Multi really is not designed for off-road duty). The design clearly was not Terreblanches finest hour. It looks great from behind, bit very bulbous from the front. If you are going to use it for commuting and the occasional tour, you can't go wrong though. I think you just need to be honest with yourself and really match the bike to the kind of riding you do. The Brutale is a ripping, snotty, angry bike that likes being thrashed. That is why it is so much fun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great to hear from owners who have the Brut and other bikes. The lasting impression after a year with the 910 is the sheer intensity of the ride. Orgasmic? Yes! But, comes a point when you have to find a new dimension to pleasure. I would like to relax a bit more, enjoy the passing scenery esp when they pass slower, the option of turning up the pace when I want to and not have to ride like a blue assed fly all the time everytime.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Brutale VS Multistrada

Dear Friend:

I have both Machines, and are quite different, I love my Multistrada because you can go whatever you want, is agile, it has a Sportier attitude and goes well for touring and different roads.

Brutale is only speed, no for touring, Ii goes like crazy, My idea was to have a more comfortable Bike and very fast one for Circuit and for medium travel in good condition roads (Brutale)

At the end all depends of what you want ,I love my 2 bikes, obviously both are Italian

Regards

From Mexico

Luis

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was just thinking the other day how cool a multi would look with the front fairing removed and the pilliion chopped down so the exhaust really jutted out, ala the Hailwood replica. That would be a cheap and bitchin' alternative to the Hypermotard.

I think it's reasonable to compare a Brutale with a Multi...or a Hypermotard...or a Monster. They are all upright standards, despite their great differences. We have a plethora of choices in this general category with even more options coming on board like the 950 supermoto, 990 Superduke, and others. So much choice!

But really the Multi is more in the category of the Triumph Tiger or Suzuki V-Strom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
redmcoupe said:
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum. I can't seem to get enough of the naked sportbikes so here I am lurking on the forum for the most beautiful one of all. I've seen lots of talk comparing the bikes I've been thinking about; Brutale vs Speed Triple vs Tuono. However I haven't seen much in the way of comparing the Multistrada to this group. I've already had a taste of the Monster and I did enjoy it very much, but I wanted something a bit more comfortable, i.e., more upright and closer handlebars.
Am I just asking a dumb question here or anybody else consider the Multi in this group? Anybody have experience to share?
Thanks
Good evening guys, I have both bikes the Brutale and the Multistrada, there is nothign to compare, both bikes are completely different, the Multi has a huge torque, and the way it corners it´s incredible, but we cannot forget that it´s a touring machine, that i´ll bring you tons of miles.

The brutale is the most beautiful bike, ever made by the hand of engineers, and the 4 cylinder, makes you go crazy, and the sound is overwelming, but there´s one thing for certain, the duke, is made for every ground not the same with the brute.

Have a nice day and I recommend both bikes

·
Registered
16 Posts
I really appreciate the varied comments from owners. So many bikes so little time (and money, vehicle taxes here are the highest in the world) to try them all. How does the BMW R1200GS stack up against the Multistada 1100S/Brutale? And how about the Ducati S4RS, is it too similar to the Brutale? The plumbing looks like an afterthought but the basic design is a classic.

Ride is one thing but let's not forget the reliability issues of these bikes. Any quirks or flaws? Regulars are well aware of these on the Brutale I am sure other bikes have their share.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a Multistrada 1000 for a couple thousand miles which was actually replaced by the Brutale 910S since I have a 2004 Triumph Tiger as a distance, workhorse, & 2-up bike already. Multi is far better in the department of wind protection or carrying a passenger (unless she likes to hold on TIGHT and has a SMALL ass :)

My Multi had a full-termi exhaust system and chip, so the power was good 'nuff with nice low and midrange power. I'd rather have a Multi for Freeway rides or 2-up but the Brutale 910 is indeed more fun IMHO. And I do NOT ride freeways much in any case. If I could only have 1 bike I would give the Multi another look. But otherwise, not. Hypermoto on the other hand... Might have got one of them. I was also considering KTM 950SM before the Brutale came along and stole my heart.

Ride Well,

Gabriel

1 - 20 of 21 Posts