MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
I am new to the site and really enjoy it. Some of the past posts have been very useful.
I have just changed from an F4 to a Brutale 910S and have now completed the running in period. (very frustrating)
I loved the F4 and after 4 years I was going to change it for a 1000 but decided to go for the Brutale. The F4 was fantastic on fast roads or track days but the Brutale.......Fantastic everywhere!
I was initially suprised at how firm it felt but I am now used to that and love the overall feel.
The only mods I have made are fitting HPE carbon cans, removal of CAT and polishing of connecting pipes. (Looked a bit bright to start off with but helped them color nicely)
The mods I have planned are fitting of steering damper (useful feed back from posts) raise and soften the rear, remove rear pegs and tidy numberplate hanger and fit a few carbon bits.
The only gripe I have at the moment is 5th to 6th gear change is no quite right. I am hoping this will settle down, is this common? I am hoping all should be nicely settled in ready for 2 weeks at the centenary TT in June.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Yep - congrats on the new Brutale!

I had a lot of problems with the 5th-6th change for a while. It was almost a false neutral - and I know a few others had this issue as well. I changed my style to make sure that I 'pre-loaded' the gear change, and made sure that it was as quick and positive as possible. For a while, I used clutchless shifts - which worked perfectly every time, although some people have doubts about whether it's wise to do that. Oddly enough, the problem seems to have gone away now - so hopefully it was just one of those 'running in' things...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Sventekos, thats exactly how it is. If I am prepared for the poor shift I can be more positive and there is no problem. Its only when I forget and there is a big grin on my face that it comes back! Thanks.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Anyone make 400 mile runs in a day with a Brutale? I was enamoured with the 1098, but I'm thinking maybe next year to add a Brutale and use it for distance riding (visit parents in Phoenix -400 miles).

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I've done 300...and it's not so bad. I actually prefer long rides, even if they are straight. The sitting position makes for a comfy long ride, so long as you're not blasting at speeds ~90mph. At 80 though, you're fine...

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Anyone make 400 mile runs in a day with a Brutale? I was enamoured with the 1098, but I'm thinking maybe next year to add a Brutale and use it for distance riding (visit parents in Phoenix -400 miles).
1600 miles in 3 days, 600, 400, 600. It's doable, but it's not tourer. But if you take the FUN way, it's well worth it!
I also regularly do 300-400 mile day rides around the state, with no issues at all (minus a lot of money spent on gas :eek: )

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've gone 250. Only thing that bothers me is the freakin' seat. It is rough. I just can't beleive they couldn't do better than that. My Brutale R is a dream though. The brakes are worth the price of admission. They are incredible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts