MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Bimota is notorious for using another manufacturer's engine!

The Delirio uses Ducati's 2 valve air-cooled 1000cc engine(Monster 1000).

Remember their SB8R? It had the Suzuki TL1000R motor! Kinda loses it's appeal.....

In my opinion of course.

The V-due was nice however!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I think the Brutale is clearly more beautiful, but they are very different bikes, IMO; However the Delirio compares directly to the Duke MS4RS (man that name has just gotten too long), and then the Delirio clearly wins.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Actually, it doesn't even compare to the S4Rs.... it's only 92 horse!

Did I mention that the Delirio is $40,000!!!!!

Glorified Monster if you ask me.......with a Monster motor too!!!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Vlad Drac said:
Actually, it doesn't even compare to the S4Rs.... it's only 92 horse!

Did I mention that the Delirio is $40,000!!!!!

Glorified Monster if you ask me.......with a Monster motor too!!!
Granted, it's much more expensive and uses only the M 1000DS motor, but spec-wise it's not too far off the S4RS, except for the price!

·
Registered
395 Posts
The 1000ds motor is one of the nicest street engines made - really nice usable power in a great chasis would a great motorcycle make, however even hand built 40large is a lot of money - but certainly a work of art. I love it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
136>92

it's not like the 910 has non usable power, even THE LOWLY NON R VERSION :devilsmok

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
how about the 04 GIXXER headlights? those are actual modified Gixxer lights on the DB5 and DB6...

I like the bike, it looks very interesting and I wouldn't mind riding that thing around at all! but 40k is a lot of money for it, I guess one can sorta justify the cost by viewing it as a "custom/handcrafted sportsbike" like a "custom choppers"

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
juice it said:
I thought the article said it was 19k Euros which would make it closer to 25k. For 25k it isn't as bad. 40k, no thanks.
For 25k I would be looking at the F41000R to add next to the 910.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Here's where I found the price.....

"The Delirio is expected to be on sale in the U.S.A. in the summer of 2006. Bimota USA said that the bike will be fully homologated and street legal, and that the price has not been finalized, but is expected to be in the neighborhood of the DB5 Mille, which has an MSRP of $39,800.00(US)".

http://www.webbikeworld.com/bimota/delirio/

It didn't know that about the headlight being gixxer!

The bike is great looking and has a great Ducati motor but... 40 large?

I'm with lorenzotx, 2 R's(910 & 1000) would be my garage before that thing!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Dudes, even if you can't read this, play with the site. It's pretty damn cool. Note the galleries, frickin' sweet. Gotta love the skeleton drawings. Also, it compares (somewhere on there) the different points from the monster, brutale, and delirio for the bars and footpegs.

http://www.motocorse.jp/bimota/index.html

Prices for the Mille and the Delirio are listed at 2.6-2.8 million yen, or a little over 20,000 USD. not sure where the near 40k figure comes from. Things are never cheap here, so I'd expect the JP price to be a couple/few thousand above the US price.

-colin
:conveyer:

·
Registered
571 Posts
I went to look at 3 models at my local dealer.

They have the Tesi $65,000!!!

The DB5 is $38,000!!!

They also have the Santa Monica, but I forgot the price.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Maybe they are cheaper here because they are 1/2 japanese? :laughing:

really though, they seem to be a bargain here, maybe i'll slap one up then!

oh wait, i really am out of parking. really.

Tesi: ¥5,229,000 - about the same as the Tambo here.
santa monica about 40k USD.

·
Registered
645 Posts
That Bimota looks too short, visually, it doesnt flow right. Lets see, I could get a F4 and a Brutale for the price of the Bimota........seems like a no-brainer there. Ghezzi and Brian have a better looking Brutale "clone" and Im sure its less than the bimota. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :blah:
www.ghezzi-brian.com/gallery_models_fionda.htm

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would not consider any Bimota a knock-off. In terms of performance, I don't think it would match the Brutale. But I'm sure that it handles great and is a blast to ride (it probably weighs nothing). Also, the 1000ds engine is proven and very easy to maintain. If you are willing to pay for a Bimota, then you know what you are getting and price isn't a factor. MV Agusta is pedestrian compared to Bimota.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts