MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noticed in the random gallery there is a couple of photos of brutales with the underseat pipes and exhaust system of the F4. they look brilliant. anyone have any knowledge of where you could have this modification done in the uk? and what it might cost?

·
Registered
64 Posts
if you look closely the red one is actually an F4that has been streetfightered! look at the tank and the others all have the F4 seat as well as the pipes! looks cool though. heck just buy an f4 and strip it :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no sooner had i said it and they're gone! so i need to strip an f4 if that's what i want and a brutale cannot be modified?

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
I have since moved them into their respective home in the F4 section. Looks like you will have to strip an F4 to get the look! Then giveaway the fairings and extra parts to me :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
i said the red one was a f4 but i believe the grey one on the pedestal was in fact an brutale. now i can't find them to verify :confused:

·
Registered
64 Posts
found them sorry for the confusion.

yes the grey one is a brutale with the f4 tail section and exhaust.

so rad you could do it to you brutale with those few pieces that differ. i believe the rear pegs are different as well?

·
Registered
37 Posts
the radiator gives it away

look at the red bike with the undertail exhaust, the radiator hose is different, its what gives it away. btw the gray ones sweet , id love that on my brutale, but with keeping the stock seat, i think the f4 seat is too tall.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I know this is reviving an old thread, but figured it's better than posting a new one.

Anybody know how the pipes sound comparative to eachother (Brutale to F4).

Also, are the rear subframes the same for F4S+1 and Brutale? i.e. can I just switch plastics, seat and exhaust? And yes, I'm talking about the grey one in the F4 gallery, not the red stripped F4. If it's a Brutale, shouldn't it be in the Brutale gallery? :p

What's needed to do this? As much as I love the look of the Brutale's rear end and exhaust, the F4's is so sexy.....

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
oicdn said:
I know this is reviving an old thread, but figured it's better than posting a new one.

Anybody know how the pipes sound comparative to eachother (Brutale to F4).

Also, are the rear subframes the same for F4S+1 and Brutale? i.e. can I just switch plastics, seat and exhaust? And yes, I'm talking about the grey one in the F4 gallery, not the red stripped F4. If it's a Brutale, shouldn't it be in the Brutale gallery? :p

What's needed to do this? As much as I love the look of the Brutale's rear end and exhaust, the F4's is so sexy.....

Sound is different but mostly intake difference..otherwise depends more on exhaust type.

That black brutale should be in the Brutale Gallery not F4. The red is F4.

You have to swap subframes (including undertray and batt tray) along with the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
MV Blackie said:
would realy like the F4 pipes under my Brutale ass, anyone figured out how to do it yet ?
It's just replacing the tail section.

Seat, Tail Section, battery tray, under tray, exhaust, mid-pipe(?), and subframe.

All in all, about $3-5K....depending on wif you got new or used, carbon or not, and exhaust or stock...

It's an easy R&R, probably 1 hours worth of work, but it's a matter of finding aforementioned parts.

The Brutale exhaust is also LOUDER. ALOT louder. A buddy with RG3's and midpipe, although it sounds BEAUTIFUL, sounds like a bike with a stock exhaust compared to my Brutale with just a mid-pipe. The brutale has a deeper F1 note with more volume, whereas the F4 has a higher pitched F1 sound....basically, what you'de expect from the two on being "refined" and one being "naked"...

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Personally, I strongly believe Tamburini knew what he was doing, and the F4 tail, though absolutley the best looking tail ever put on a motorcycle, is too fat for the Brutale, and it looks stoopid.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts