MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback on how you ride your Brutale on the track would be helpful. Just got back from first track day on the Brutale. After trying to find a natural hang off position as in a clip-on fully faired bike, found it more comfortable to use more bar input and upright body position super moto style. In order to race traditionally I think it needs clip-ons and definitely a windscreen for the straights, ideally frame mounted.
BTW the damper is a must. Had it at a low setting of 6 and had a slight headshake but went to 10 and it was perfect.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
It's funny you mention that, cause I too feel a [i[]little[/i] more comfy sitting upright and using more bar than body when driving aggessively. But I do hang off when I drive fairly hard....but the slower sharper stuff, I like to use alot more bar input.

It's really wierd, cause I scraped my the front tip/side of my shoe going around a turn, and it about freaked me out..kinda cool though I guess that you can crank it that far over...

I do however, want to slap on an F4 triple and clip-ons to see how it feels...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I've had a few instructors coach me with my "dirtbike" handlebars.

Basically the same as a regular bike, just not as extreme.

Chin up and placing it as close to the mirror as possible. bars will be pushed away from you as you are hanging half your ass off the seat.

No problem wearing out a knee puck at the track with plenty of clearance left.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I did find that one cheek off and half leaned over the tank was optimum while still retaining throttle control as the bar is pretty far on left hand turns. I did notice I could hang off much further on right-handers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts