MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

I finally did it... took my beloved brutale and made her do some real work!!!!

Summit Point, VW. Shenadoah circuit is perfect for brutale. It's relatively slow speed with lot's of turns and elvation changes...very technical track.

First, I did 3 20 min sessions on my R6, learned the track a bit and warmed up and then it was time to play!!!

of course everyone thougt I was crazy taking it to the track, but I proved them all wrong after I pulled some crazy passes on the brakes and was able to carry good cornerspeed...

So, bottom line...
throttle control sucks..
Brakes are awesome!!!
Stock suspention was reasonably capable and the bike was stable midcorner.
bump absobtion was excellent, transitions were excellent.

and most importantly, I had some serious fun!!!!

P.S.

there are no more chicken strips on my tires!!!

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Man, those are great pics. I'm comtemplating bringing the Brutale to the track. I've lined myself up for a friendly track day (friends renting it out type thing). A bit shy to take the F4 out there.... I'm sorta scared to mess it up. I haven't had time to look for skins, etc.

Anyway, people thought you were crazy? What is that guy riding behind you in the first pic? Looks like some super-moto type thing... ???

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TokyoLunch said:
Anyway, people thought you were crazy? What is that guy riding behind you in the first pic? Looks like some super-moto type thing... ???
yeah.. there were few of those crazies out there...supermotard guys...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
dude, take off headlite and turn signal bracket. it takes like ten minutes and saves all that taping of the lenses, and it is one less thing to break if it falls off the truck while unloading, or somthing else :rolleyes:.

plus, summit point is a goat trail. common out to sf. on 11/7
me, matt and the brute's

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice pics :naughty:

I am using my Brut as often af possible on trackdays. Have been on track 3 times this summer - and the bike is really good on a track, especially on a tecical track as the one you describe.

I can see you still have your cat on. Get rid of it, mount race cans, change the chip and the throttle control will 10 times better - and s will the funfactor :yo:

mikael

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there is no Cat on my brutale...it's long gone in favor of Arrow midpipe...

Next upgrade is PowerCommander with Dyno tuning.

I have to admit though...Brutale will not be my bike of choice for serious track ripping... but it will always be my toy when I want to wheelie from one corner to another and then scratch that itch in my knees...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts