MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brutale Slipper Clutch @ Steering Damper

HAS ANYONE INSTALLED A SLIPPER CLUTCH AND OR STEERING DAMPER ON THEIR BRUTALE. I UNDERSTAND THAT A SLIPPER MAY NOT BE NECESSARY UNLESS YOUR POSSIBLY TRACK RACING. BUT I CAN'T STOP THINKING THAT A SLIPPER CAN HELP PROLONG THE LIFE OF YOUR CLUTCH AND IN ADDITION GIVE YOU A MORE SMOOTHER CLUTCH ACTION AND SAFER RIDE. BECAUSE THEIRS ALWAYS THAT CHANCE A WOBBLE CAN OCCUR WHEN ONE RIDES HARD. I KNOW THAT A FEW OF MY FELLOW MEMBERS IN THIS FORUM HAVE INSTALLED A STEERING DAMPER TO THEIR BRUTALE. A PRACTICAL NECESSITY AS WE ALL KNOW. SO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND HOW THESE PARTICULAR EQUIPMENTS SOUND TO YOU. :nerd:

AM I WRONG, PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS? ESPECIALLY ABOUT A BRUTALE SLIPPER CLUTCH. THANKS

:mad:

·
Registered
571 Posts
STM??? Do you mean an STM slipper clutch?

STM is the brand!!

The slipper clutch will not make for a smoother ride... it's really for high rpm downshifts(racing environment), however would be considered a very nice convenience and luxury for the street.

Steering damper in my opinion is a must(Brutale 910)! Big bore power, short wheel base, radical geometry = head shake and front end lightness. Ultimately ending with a violent tankslapper, that if your lucky enough to save, you'll need a fresh pair of shorts!!!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I was wondering if anyone makes a stem-mount type damper, rather than the fugly damping rod types; like Scot's maybe?

2nd gear wheelies definitley produce some tank slappers :naughty:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I put the Matris M4R steering damper on my 910S.

http://www.carpimoto.it/product/Lang_EN/Chan_1/Firm_17/Prod_13667.htm

The difference is really great. You feel more confident when you put the power on bad road.

No more shaking direction (I don't now how you say "guidonage" in english) It's a real must. I think it should be a factory piece of the Brutale as it is for the F4 who has the same geometry.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Olive said:
I put the Matris M4R steering damper on my 910S.

http://www.carpimoto.it/product/Lang_EN/Chan_1/Firm_17/Prod_13667.htm

The difference is really great. You feel more confident when you put the power on bad road.

No more shaking direction (I don't now how you say "guidonage" in english) It's a real must. I think it should be a factory piece of the Brutale as it is for the F4 who has the same geometry.
I've seen that one; I may get it.
I agree it should be stock, although the Brutale actually has slightly more relaxed geometry than the F4.

·
Registered
774 Posts
fazer6 said:
I've seen that one; I may get it.
You can buy it without hesitation. It's easy to fit and works perfectly.

Carpimoto are serious guys.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Scotts does not and will not be making a mount for the Brutale...I've asked...many times (I live near their shop).

However, I will probably be having a mount built by a guy they recommended. I'm sure once he's done one that others would be easier. I'll post after I've had it done.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
giomanach said:
Scotts does not and will not be making a mount for the Brutale...I've asked...many times (I live near their shop).

However, I will probably be having a mount built by a guy they recommended. I'm sure once he's done one that others would be easier. I'll post after I've had it done.
Yeah, keep us posted, I love their damper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts