MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends , I just bought a Brutale 910s 2008 and would like to keep her on a rear stand , could anybody tell me wich one is the best stand ? I have seen a couple of models , the one I liked best so far is Valter Moto with little wheels on the front , but I see also that the oem stand does not have them . Thanks so much if somebody can give me a hint and help choose one .

·
Registered
188 Posts
Rear stands

DennysRio: rear stands have their place, however, they are not as convenient as a well designed front stand such as the Baxley Sport Chock. Which hold the bike upright and reduce the risk of dropping the bike while trying to get the stand in place and the bike raised.

http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Images/Sport-Chock-GSXR-750-medium.gif

If you get a rear stand, get a reversible stand like the Pit Bull stand #: F0027A-00. With this stand you can support the rear wheel from either the left or right side. This way if you do your own maintenance, you remove either the left side sprocket or the right side nut and remove the wheel.

Best wishes,
Dick

·
Registered
337 Posts
DennysRio: rear stands have their place, however, they are not as convenient as a well designed front stand such as the Baxley Sport Chock. Which hold the bike upright and reduce the risk of dropping the bike while trying to get the stand in place and the bike raised.

http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Images/Sport-Chock-GSXR-750-medium.gif

If you get a rear stand, get a reversible stand like the Pit Bull stand #: F0027A-00. With this stand you can support the rear wheel from either the left or right side. This way if you do your own maintenance, you remove either the left side sprocket or the right side nut and remove the wheel.

Best wishes,
Dick

+1 on the Baxley front chock. I have one and it works well.

Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Valter moto

I have got the valter moto stand for my 1090rr. have had a few high end stands and low end stands and personally think you cannot beat the quality of a high end stand. The valter moto is the best that i have owned for quality and looks. A harris racing stand is another that i would recommend, but be careful as there is a few fakes out there. I also use a Micron on the front occasionally for track days which is a good cheaper alternative.

If money is tight (as it allways is) go for the micron, if you fancy a splash out go for the valter moto you wont be disapointed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts