MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I designed a stand to work on either axle of my 2007 910R, although not at the same time. It cost about $25USD for the steel and my son did an excellent job of welding it up for me. When bike is on stand, the rear suspention unloads and the wheel touches the floor but is easily removed and replaced. To work on the front axle put a load on the rear suspention by strapping it to a stand from the rear peg mounts. otherwise epoxy some big eye bolts into your garage floor. The local steel supplier's cutoff saw was square enough that I was able to tell him the length of each cut and no further dressing up was necessary. Drill 1" holes 21" on center from bottom of stand (I welded the horizontal pieces bore drilling). For best results take it to the local machine shop. They charged me 20 bucks. You too can own one for about $50USD. Use rear axle stand to elevate bike and then put other stand in place carefully remove rear axle stand. If it had wheels it would be nicer.

Materials:1-1/2" thin wall square tubing (1) 15", (2) 12", (2) 22"
1" solid round stock (2) 4"
Plastic end caps (6)

Assemble as seen in the photos

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nice job man!!
Great to see that someone actually
does something himself to the bike
instead off "look what I just bought"
We should have a sepperate column on this forum
called , " self made mods and tricks we did to our bikes"
cheers
Peter

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
DIY is the way to go if you can make it happen.....how hard is it to rock the bike up onto the stand?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not to hard. The stand I made is about 1/8" shorter than the height of the frame bolt holes. Just slowly pull up on the rear axle stand, the bike moves forward and the stand rocks a bit but as soon as you get past the apex the shop stand takes over and the rear stand comes right out.

It's good to be of help instead of being helped:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm glad you asked. One layer of electrical tape is about all the clearance you have but the pin still slides in and keeps stand from rocking during transition from rear wheel stand to shop stand

·
Registered
879 Posts
Kudos to you brother for taking the initiative. Now if you put some MV factory stickers on it and paint it MV red, you can sell it for $$$$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was thinking of building something very similar, but got lazy and bought the Bursig for $750 (with casters).

You should post an ad offering these stands for say $150-$175, I'm sure a lot of people would buy them considering Bursig is our only other option.

I might add a small gusset plate in the corners of the uprights just for a little insurance.

Good job!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I've actually been thinking about it. If I made up ten at a time, it would be pretty reasonable. Gussets and wheels would make it really nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts