MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm usually fairly tolerant of high or higher service costs as I've owned a number of Ducati over the years. But my dealer charges in the range of $700-800 for the 600 miles service check and possibly more if the valves need adjustment. That's more than twice what I normally pay for a 4-valve Ducati for a 6000 miles service check. Am I the only one feeling that this is on the high side? But then again, it's $4-5G for a Ferrari except that the Ferrari is closer to 200K than 22K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Hi iam allso a 910R owner,have you not read the other reports,i live in uk ,i paid £470 for a 600 mile service at the dealers , allso the importer (3X).The service took about 6 hours,i was told that they would check the valves,if they needed ajustment it would take longer.Now get this, this is the importer doing the service and i was told they check the valves by doing a compression test,i had a big argument with them stating i wanted the valves checked with gauges,they told me this is how they do it,what can i say!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
herrsonic said:
I'm usually fairly tolerant of high or higher service costs as I've owned a number of Ducati over the years. But my dealer charges in the range of $700-800 for the 600 miles service check and possibly more if the valves need adjustment. That's more than twice what I normally pay for a 4-valve Ducati for a 6000 miles service check. Am I the only one feeling that this is on the high side? But then again, it's $4-5G for a Ferrari except that the Ferrari is closer to 200K than 22K.
I paid in Texas around $400 for the basic 600 mile service with a little more if the valves need to be adjusted. Your dealer sounds like he is gouging you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything is more expensive in the UK. But I think all dealers will use the compression test for the valves. I'm in California and cost of living is higher here than Texas. Other than doing this myself, which I'm not planning to do, either I find someone else or chalk it up as the price of MV ownership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
$550 at ProItalia. Includes an exhaust gas analysis but I wasn't given the numbers. I have not been in to talk with the service manager about it, yet, and they did a great job on the tuneup, so I'm reserving judgment.
 

·
Not very lucky..
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
I had my 910S serviced at Munroe Motors and I was charged $650 for the 600 mile service. No adjustments were needed on the valves, so I wouldn't think you would get charged more than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,920 Posts
Mine was under $400, however my 7500 mile service taking place saturday is estimated in the $700-800 range, because of the likelyhood of needing valve adjustments.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
I had the first service at my 750 performed last Friday and paid 169$ at Charlotte BMW/Ducati an authorized MV dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
Hey lorenzotx, who was the dealer you took yours to?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Darkside said:
I had my 910S serviced at Munroe Motors and I was charged $650 for the 600 mile service. No adjustments were needed on the valves, so I wouldn't think you would get charged more than that.
giomanach said:
$550 at ProItalia. Includes an exhaust gas analysis but I wasn't given the numbers. I have not been in to talk with the service manager about it, yet, and they did a great job on the tuneup, so I'm reserving judgment.
I bought a couple of ducati from proitalia (in glendale, near Los Angeles) and has had service there. They seem to be fair and reasonable. My MV is in San Francisco, and Munroe quoted me minimum $700 (which is just labor alone) without valve adjustments. I guess they're all in the general ballpark.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Darkside said:
I had my 910S serviced at Munroe Motors and I was charged $650 for the 600 mile service. No adjustments were needed on the valves, so I wouldn't think you would get charged more than that.
that amount withOUT valve adjustment is nothing short of HIGHWAY ROBBERY... in my book
of course..... at MY dealer (where i've bought all my BMWs)... i'm sure it'll be even more :D



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Wow sounds like some of you guys are getting jibbed on the first service.
Just had mine done for $572.00 AUS. Valve clearances were checked but not adjusted plus the throttle bodies were balanced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
It's a total rip-off. Valves shouldn’t go out of adjustment in just 600 miles unless something was wrong in the first place. I paid $600 for my first 600 mile service on my first Brutale, also no valve adjustment needed, but they did check them and they were all in tolerance. I haven't heard of one yet that needed adjustment. When I picked up my new Brutale which is the replacement for the one that got totaled, I complained about having just paid for the first service on the last one. I was told not to worry about the valves for the first 8000 miles and to just change the oil, lube the chain and check nuts and bolts for tightness. Add to the fact that my new Brutale is running great just like my last one was before I took it in for its 600 mile service. That first service was not only expensive but I had to take it back to them because they screwed-up the fuel mixture attempting to lower the idle speed. Even when I got it back it never seemed to be as smooth as it was before I took it to them. Needless to say when I do take this one in for a service it will be elsewhere and it won’t be at 600 miles.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top