MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 750 Brutale, anyone know if the later models (with the same body style) have a softer seat foam?

I would buy a newer seat if that was the case...I've had it for 9 years and would ride it more with more comfort. I've tried some different shock options and improved it a little. I don't expect it to be a tourer but it's pretty harsh right now.

Thanks

·
Registered
820 Posts
Adrian,

Mines 2009 and they didn't get any more comfortable. It's more the shape than the foam. I bought a Corbin seat. Heaps more comfort and looks better. Be a lot cheaper for you over there and quicker I'd expect (3 month wait here).

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I've been told that pressure treated pine works better than the stock seat. It's worth a try, but watch for splinters. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Corbin

I've looked at the Corbin, I'd expect it to feel better sitting still, looks like it would be better.

I'd be hoping for it to feel like it softens the suspension a bit.....any chance of that?

I've been experimenting with foam to get a feel, a foam/rubbery gardening mat for entertainment......seem to soften the suspension hits......that's my biggest reason for a new seat.....

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Yes mine was a bitch ,every bump would go up your spine ,at the end I replaced the rear shock with a Nitron shock ,this gave me more adjustability ,what a lot of people think is the high compression setting is for high speed ,totally incorrect ,turn out the high compression setting and set it to fully open ,in other words no resistance . this will take up some of those hard pumps.Now the seat change is a must no way out . Ok now you have done the rear shock guess what time for the front shocks .loosen the spring tension ,start with say 2 turns ,try it and see how it feels,i in the end changed the innards and used andreani for my front forks,big difference.I actually felt the same way as you did,but now can do 500km a day no problems.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys. I tried three different spring rates on the rear (ohlins spring fits on Sachs shock, springs and shock for sale if interested) finally put a nitron on it, little better. Tried lots of different settings front and rear. Slow progress. Think I'll get the Corbin. I do think the front needs work next....rebuild.

·
Administrator
18,830 Posts
Look up Spencer Seats.....

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

He can make your seat what you want it to be...and not too expensive either.

Several Brutale seats done in the past with good reviews..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts