MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

What brand is the front fork on a stock 2004 Brutale S? The website says 49mm Showa, my book says 50mm Marzocchi (as does the ws manual, but both are for the ORO too), and I am pretty sure the bike has Marzocchi. This is a bone stock bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
My new 910 has 50mm Marzocchis on it. Sachs in the rear (and I'm wondering if I can make the Ohlins from my Aprilia fit).

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It seems 2004 is when they made the switch over between using Showa and Marzocchi. Is this your bike or are you looking at one to purchase? It's easy to determine if you look at the fork bottoms. Unless they stickers have been removed, they come from the factory with a Showa or a Marzocchi sticker.

I don't know, but I'm not sure one is better than the other. My F4 has Showa and so far I like the suspension better than the Brutale, but I haven't ridden my F4 on the street either, it's a track bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to bring the thread back from the dead but didnt want to start another.

Would you be able to swap in 50mm Marzocchi forks in place of the 49mm showas?
I'm shopping around for a brutale and found an 04 750 however I would like to get some radial brembos on there.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
ilovefirstgens said:

I'm shopping around for a brutale and found an 04 750 however I would like to get some radial brembos on there.
You can get new fork bottoms that fit radial brembos for FAR cheaper than new forks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know I can just do the bottoms, that runs about a grand plus they have to be pressed off or something, so with labor I don't see them as that much better of a deal.

Regaurdless would it work? I cannot imagine 1mm would make enough difference to make a different part.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
It's not so much the 1mm increase, but the valving....or so I would think.

My Brutale has 50mm Marzocchis...All Brutales have the 50mm front end, as like said, 04 is the transition year, and every Brute I've seen has the 50mm Marz...mine is an 04 and has the Marz...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
ilovefirstgens said:

I have the Marzocchis on my '04. Never actually seen the Showas on a Brute but they're supposed to be out there. Given the choice, I'd take the Showas over the Marzocchis.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
ilovefirstgens said:
I know I can just do the bottoms, that runs about a grand plus they have to be pressed off or something, so with labor I don't see them as that much better of a deal.

Regaurdless would it work? I cannot imagine 1mm would make enough difference to make a different part.
I understand your thought process, and was considering doing the same before MV went to production with radials...

If you're serious, I'll measure and find out. But in the meantime, could you answer....

Your bike has Showa forks?

Where are you getting Marzocchi forks with radial bottoms? Do the bottoms use the standard axle or do they include the axle and spacer(s). What about a front fender mount? What size calipers do the bottoms accept? Cost?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts