MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

today I wanted to install the battey in my Brutale and have connect it wrong for the short time maybe 15 seconds, as soon as I have realised it I unpluged it... Then I installed it right and started the engine... It works and runs ok, all the electrical features are funcional, but the batterie light is always on. I also made the test, to unplug the batterie but the engine died. So I think the alternator got something... I would appreciate any suggestions and help.

Thank you all in advance.

Best regards,

Ziga

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have seen that the 40A - 32V Fuse was damaged, so I changed it and it's working for now I hope. ? But if someone has a suggestion what to check, please tell.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Wtf?????

when are you folks going to read the warnings Donsy and I posted??????

at least take a picture of the connections.......

the red goes to positive

:popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, thanks for the Info, but I have done it hundred of time before, but somehow I just put it in... Shit happens... Now it seems she's ok, so I hope she will remain so. ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I would have, tu as soon as I wanted to put on the circle, the Fan started running from it self, so I realized it, somethings wrong... ? But it seems that the Fuse saved further damage... (I hope so)...
Donsy what about the alternator test, can I test it like that: starting the engine and then unplug the battery, as I know the bike should then run buy itself, if I'm not wrong? Thanks for your support. ??

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Maybe I would have, tu as soon as I wanted to put on the circle, the Fan started running from it self, so I realized it, somethings wrong... ? But it seems that the Fuse saved further damage... (I hope so)...
Donsy what about the alternator test, can I test it like that: starting the engine and then unplug the battery, as I know the bike should then run buy itself, if I'm not wrong? Thanks for your support. ??
Technically it might be possible for the bike to run just from the power generated by the battery, but physically it's not that easy because you can't just remove the wires from the battery as the battery is part of the circuit.
The way to test the alternator is with a Multimeter across the battery terminals as described in the fault finding part of the manual.
If the alternator is faulty, the battery light usually lights up on the dash.

·
Registered
666 Posts
you blew a fuses no big deal ! doubt there is any other damage if all else is working.

do not disconnect the battrey while the bike is running! you need a volt to make an amp! the alternator can't make amperage wihtout the battrey. if you have around 14.5 volts while the bike is running around 2000 rpm your ok. check the manual for actual rpm vs output voltage.

also always disconnect the negative termanal first and install last when working on the battrey. this way if your wrench touches the frame you wouldn't short to it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Technically it might be possible for the bike to run just from the power generated by the battery, but physically it's not that easy because you can't just remove the wires from the battery as the battery is part of the circuit.
The way to test the alternator is with a Multimeter across the battery terminals as described in the fault finding part of the manual.
the bike will run fine with just the battrey as long as it has enough power :)

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Wtf?????

Frank the inane stuff you post amazes me.....

Donsy;
My RD-350 would start with NO battery, bet lots of people, made lots of money

my BMW R-75/5 would not start no matter how fast you towed it even with dash lights

working

I drove my old Chevy lots of times with no battery, my idiot Father would leave his

lights on and then take my battery

my Mother's Dodge running a 4,000rpm would die if you disconnected the battery

Depends on how they're wired

:popcorn:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Donsy as I read this I'm confused so my response was the bike will run fine with battery. I have no idea why anyone would remove it either.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Frank the inane stuff you post amazes me.....

Donsy;
My RD-350 would start with NO battery, bet lots of people, made lots of money

my BMW R-75/5 would not start no matter how fast you towed it even with dash lights

working

I drove my old Chevy lots of times with no battery, my idiot Father would leave his

lights on and then take my battery

my Mother's Dodge running a 4,000rpm would die if you disconnected the battery

Depends on how they're wired

:popcorn:
Noel I amaze you interesting.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Donsy as I read this I'm confused so my response was the bike will run fine with battery.
I know man, the bikes come from the factory with a battery.
I don't know what confused you, is it because I said the battery light will come on if the alternator is faulty, because that is what happens on these models, it's a "no charging" indication ?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I know man, the bikes come from the factory with a battery.
I don't know what confused you, is it because I said the battery light will come on if the alternator is faulty, because that is what happens on these models, it's a "no charging" indication ?
getting late not really a big deal . we'll catch up later

1 - 16 of 16 Posts