Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Looking for some wisdom here.

Brutale just failed the MOT test. Reason rear brake light not working when pedal depressed.

Not the bulb, that works fine with teh front brake. Can't see a seperate fuse for it. Not the brake light switch, have swapped that out off my F4 and made no difference.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Jimbo

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cag,

Yep tried that but the wires head off into a huge block connector under the tank and I am no electrical genius. I will part the blocks and check them clean then with contact spray and reclose. I have a small cheap electrical tester but not really sure what I am looking for.
Thanks

Jimbo

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Cag,

Yep tried that but the wires head off into a huge block connector under the tank and I am no electrical genius. I will part the blocks and check them clean then with contact spray and reclose. I have a small cheap electrical tester but not really sure what I am looking for.
Thanks

Jimbo
hi jimbo ......i have the same prob with my f4 but its only now and again,i now have a new switch but i cant think of what else it may be ???????

·
Old Wing Nut
24,309 Posts
Brake light switch is a hydraulic pressure activated circuit for the light bulb. It shares the same power supply from the fuse box as the front switch. The bulb shares the common ground with all the other bulbs in the tail. So if the light works with the front switch then the power and ground circuits are available but there is an open in the rear switch wiring.

Check for battery voltage at the switch power wire. No? then the wire from the fuse box is open. Yes? then press the pedal and check for voltage on the wire back to the bulb. No? then the switch isn't closing. Yes? then the wire to the bulb is open.

Repair as needed.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,309 Posts
did you manage to fix it? any tips? i have the same problem and just failed the spanish MOT because of it. have 15days to get it fixed :/
Very old thread...I doubt you will have a reply from the OP.
Front brake light works? Then the problem is the rear switch or the wiring to/from the switch. Use a voltmeter or ohmmeter to find the fault.

Reactions: Brutale88
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.