MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, im new to mv...i just got my 2006/2007 brutal 910...the bike is almost like new...only running 2500km...i had the same leaking when stoping at traffic...but the weird thing was my temp was not that hi, although i can feel the heat.... max was 98 degree....but it start leaking on 92-94 degree....and sometimes there was no leaking when the water level is at minimum...but when i add up a bit more, it happen again...please advice....btw i really enjoy riding this beast....
:brutale:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
The Max and min lines on the header tank are a bit deceiving, use the minimum line as a Max fill mark. Bit odd I know but that works.

jimboF4

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
The cooling system will push out what it doesn't want. Don't add any coolant as long as it isn't below the minimum mark.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
leave it where it stops leaking,I gather from the overflow pipe.if it is on min it will be fine,hey guys is this temp hi for a 910,mine goes nowhere near that.
cheers eddy

·
Registered
968 Posts
My 750s regularly gets up to and occasionally over 100c and always has with no problems ,the coolant level will find it`s own "happy place"as long as there is coolant in the res, leave it alone. Where abouts are you ,warm climate? Ride it and Love it.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
and sometimes there was no leaking when the water level is at minimum...but when i add up a bit more, it happen again..
Don't add any more and it'll stop overflowing - it's not leaking. There might be some air in the system so check the level when cold and if below the min mark top up to that mark not over it.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
+ 1 on all the above.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok guys thx a lot for the info......this morning i went to flush the rads....combain coolant and water....sofar 93-94 degree no overflowing coolant....now im still in the office...well see when i arrive at home. ..btw I'm indonesian...stay in jakarta....its a humid and traffic country...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: after i flushed the coolant the pissing still continues...before was in 92deg...now 96deg start pissing...but i feel the temp rises a bit longer...so i guess i have to do all the brutale ritual....change waterpump, muzzy fan, etc

·
Registered
657 Posts
Mine did this too. Everyone told me it was normal. I rode it a lot until I got fed up with it pissing at every stop. Once I had the water pump and caps replaced it never did it again.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Coolant level too high and/or
Air in the system and/ or
Over heating...fans not cutting in when stationary, radiator dirty ,
Loss of pressure in the system from normal 1.1 bar

will cause burping

joe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
@rsawskins. ..when i flush it and refill i checked and make sure the coolant level is right...but now after pissing i cant see the coolant at the minimum mark....and like i said...the temp was 96deg when pissing..i think not overheat yet....
@joe... Im not sure about the whenthe fan start and stop....i think fan start below 90deg
@puny juney... I guess that is the only solution.....FYI my friends f3 Oro also have same problem...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I mean stop as in stop filling it up (too much), don't start changing things etc as you probably just have air in the system. Don't worry about over heating until the temp gauge starts flashing at you - I see it in the summer here on 40 degree days if I get stuck in traffic too long.

So, if there is air in the system, top it up to the minimum level again when it is cold, ride it till it gets up to temp, ideally hot enough for the fans to come on, let it blow some out the overflow, let it cool down. Check level.

Repeat until it stops blowing out the overflow, mine used to take 2 or 3 times before it settled down.

If you have to repeat too many times something is wrong.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
m_zacky;
post at what temp your fans come on

you said you thought below 90*C
normally ~93-95*C

on my '08 910R with a MicroTec the fans come on at 87*C and it WILL NOT go over 91*C

and yes, i fill it above the min line and it doesn't pee

1 - 20 of 22 Posts