MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like i have decided to abandon my F4 due to my body just not being able to cope with the position. Perhaps if i only did 4,000km/yr on the bike instead of covering 4,000km in 3 months it might be a different story.

Anyhoo i am tossing up between a Brutale (would be 750cc as no used 910's are for sale) and a Tuono as a daily rider + weekend thrasher.

I know we are all a bit biased here but i'd like to know people's thoughts on these to bikes. Pro's and Con's. I love the Brute but the fact that parts take years to get is my concern.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Brutale, no question ! If You believe Noale Parts are easier to get than Varese Parts than You would be surprised.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well as it'd be a daily rider i want to make sure it will be a strong workhorse. You think the parts thing is better with the Brute's than the F4's? There is a 2005 Brute for sale at the dealer i use so i might try and take it for a burn tomorrow. It's got the exhaust done and power commander.

As i rode to/from work on a firestorm, i really want another bit engine bike. Lots of bottom end grunt! To get a brute 910 i'd probably have to buy it brand new which i don't want to do. It's a shame the used Brute's for sale are all 750's!

Am i best off biting the bullet and simply buying a new Brute 910 if i can get it for $5k-$7k more than a 2005 750 Brute? I'll probably put 20,000km/yr on it. Do you think it's worth it?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Grope,
I actually have both, the tuono which I've had since 05, and the brutale for about year and a half.

My tuono is my long distance touring bike but I commute daily on one or the other and only drive a car to work once in a blue moon. The brutale is perfectly fine as a commuter. I'm 6'2" tho so riding position is a bit cramped. 3-400 miles is the longest one day ride I've done on the brute, were I shorter it'd be a much more comfortable bike for me.

If you're doing 20km a year I'd take the tuono hands down, a roomier bike and one I frequently ride for 8 hours in a day. Fitted with cortech tailbag and saddlebags and you can travel a long time.

Quality and looks wise tho the brute beats the tuono by a mile.
FYI I ride about 15000 miles a year.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i have a 910,my mate has the tuono, he keeps asking me if i want to ride his bike(ie he wants to ride the brut) his clocks have just started misting up, a common problem!!but covered under warranty. and when ever we stop anywhere people come up and ask about my bike, but i must say he loves his bike and it sounds great with the accrprovic cans on, also very thirsty about 70 miles and he's stopping for juice, which on a day out can a bit frustrating the reserve is>>get petrol now<<. so its up to you mate, but i don't think you would be on this site for nothing you must love mv's!!:blah:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i have a 910,my mate has the tuono, he keeps asking me if i want to ride his bike(ie he wants to ride the brut) his clocks have just started misting up, a common problem!!but covered under warranty. and when ever we stop anywhere people come up and ask about my bike, but i must say he loves his bike and it sounds great with the accrprovic cans on, also very thirsty about 70 miles and he's stopping for juice, which on a day out can a bit frustrating the reserve is>>get petrol now<<. so its up to you mate, but i don't think you would be on this site for nothing you must love mv's!!:blah:
Wow, your friend might want to have his tuono looked at, weekend rides I get about 140-150 miles on the tuono til the light comes on, brutale about 100-120 miles light comes on.

Chris

·
Registered
215 Posts
i think that's the norm, i read an article on his bike, it commented on poor tank range, clocks misting up and the front fairing looking like a scooter, which i ribbed him about, his a new one this year so things mite have change, plus we don't hang about.!

·
Registered
287 Posts

We have both, the brute is mine and the Tuono the boyfreinds. I don't get on well with the Tuono but thats only cos i'm little (5'2") and its a big bike. the bofreind however is 6' and he loves it, he and the bike are from Australia and he's rode it all over there doin 800 - 900 mile stints on it and can't fault it. He's had no problems with it apart from not firing up sometimes but this was remedied with a new higher amperage battery as the original was not strong enough to crank it over.

For a daily commute doin lots of miles i'd actually go with the Tuono even tho i love my Brutale. :brutale:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm 5'9" and do 2-3 rides a week between 100-200 miles, and then commute around town on mine. I've rode more comfortable bikes, but if I was looking for comfort for commuting I would drive a BMW. Touno felt like a big bike to me, and i like the narrow compact aspect of the brutale. Pick up a 910 if you can.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i dunno about you guys but i think the brutale's the winner!!:yo:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well over the weekend i went and checked out the Brutale. I didn't get to take it for a burn but i had a sit and it feels very comfortable. When i put my F4 in this week to get the new grips put on they are going to give me the Brute to take home for the night and give it a good 'real world' test ride.

I think i'll keep my Firestorm as a work horse. It was dirt cheap and i can put stupid kms on it without worrying about parts or losing lots of money. If i buy a new Tuono as my one and only ride, i'll have around 60,000km on it after 2 years farkin! It's an easy way to dump $15k!

Does the Brute 750S have decent power down low? I thoroughly enjoy riding the Firestorm because it's just so dam easy. I cruise around at 3000rpm and from 3500rpm up as soon as you hit the throttle it sounds like the world is ending and the bike surges forward. Ideally i'd like something with the same engine response.

A Brute 910 is $25k new which is more than i want to spend. Used Brute's are far and few between.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I was pleasently suprised how much low down grunt my 750 brute has, it'll happily cruise round in 6th at around 30-40mph. Of course if you crack the throttle it isn't gonna take off like a big v-twin, no inline 4 is, plus the fuelling is a little fluffy till you clear 3000rpm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Groper, where do you live? I have learned not to believe everything that the mags say. so i dont know much about the tuono other than its a blast to ride just like the other nakeds that we all seem to love so much,like the brut,Sduke, monster and oh yes the speed triple . i just happen to own one and i love it . its been bullit proof and I put 12,000 miles on her in 6 months . I'm fifty and Its very comfy to me but i dont think I'd want to do more than 400 on any bike. The biggest thing i've noticed about this site is that we all seem to love the same type of bikes. anyhow if you want to save 5000 bucks test a speedy. personally ,i'll be needing another naked so there is never any down time and i'd like it to be a 1078rr but that aint gonna happen till Mv proves to me that they r ready to follow thru after the purchase.
maybe i'll get a vmax

·
Registered
876 Posts

We have both, the brute is mine and the Tuono the boyfreinds. I don't get on well with the Tuono but thats only cos i'm little (5'2") and its a big bike. the bofreind however is 6' and he loves it, he and the bike are from Australia and he's rode it all over there doin 800 - 900 mile stints on it and can't fault it. He's had no problems with it apart from not firing up sometimes but this was remedied with a new higher amperage battery as the original was not strong enough to crank it over.

For a daily commute doin lots of miles i'd actually go with the Tuono even tho i love my Brutale. :brutale:
That's still the best looking Tuono to date. The colors, the twin round tail lights, I've wanted one since they were new. They're just too tall for me.
:mouthwate

1 - 20 of 27 Posts