MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Just got my first Mv & new to me 2006 910S and I'm all confuse...
I have few questions that seems I cant find the answer anywhere.

1- What's the normal operating temperature for the bike? I mean, when do you say "I better stop now"

2- Searching the forum I have learned that I should use 10w-60 or 20w-50, oil but what brand you guys recommend?

3- and last (for now :) ) Does all the brutale engines sound like they are falling apart? I mean, I have owned a hayabusa & cbr 1000, and those engine @ idle are really quiet compare to this one....

My apologize if the questions sound stupid but I really have no clue about MVs other than Im loving it so far... :)

·
Administrator
20,398 Posts
MV Engines have lots of lovely mechanical sounds....the power of straight cut gears and roller cam chains.

My 910R typically runs between 186 F and 205 F......that's pretty normal for most water cooled sport bikes, regardless of manufacturer. Fans kick on at 210 and cut off at 195.....don't worry unless the temp gauge starts to flash at you and is above 230 F.

Brutales don't have the hi temp problems when sitting still like the F4s do (no fairing to block air flow).

Oh, yeah...I use Agip 10-60....just like MV recommends.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Welcome.

If the symphony of sounds coming from your engine isn't music to your ears, you may have a serious problem with the engine. No one has ever compared the sound of a healthy MV Agusta engine to one that sounds like it is "falling apart."

Agip 10w-60.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
3- and last (for now :) ) Does all the brutale engines sound like they are falling apart? I mean said:
Blasphemer - does sound like your bike is ruined though - better get rid of it. Ship it to me...

·
Administrator
20,398 Posts
That's it....CAG may have some for sale if you don't want a whole case.

·
Registered
149 Posts
3- and last (for now :) ) Does all the brutale engines sound like they are falling apart?

LOL if you think a Brutale engine sounds like its falling apart you would :eek:nthecan:if you tried my air cooled Ducati. Sounds like a spin dryer full of bolts, and the clutch the less said about the noise out of that the better. But it runs great and never have any problems

·
Registered
48 Posts
LOL if you think a Brutale engine sounds like its falling apart you would :eek:nthecan:if you tried my air cooled Ducati. Sounds like a spin dryer full of bolts, and the clutch the less said about the noise out of that the better. But it runs great and never have any problems
+1.. try a Ducati 749s with a dry clutch.. you can hear all the action. My 1078 purrrrrrs like a kitten... a kitten on meth!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts