MV Agusta Forum banner

Brutale Newb and question

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Red Baron 
#1 ·
hi everyone,
im a proud papa of a new to me 04 750 brutale. all stock and low miles ( less than 4000 ). on my ride home from getting the bike i notice that on low rpms 1,2,3 gear it sputters and feels as if it intermittently runs on 3 cylinders then the 4th kicks in and then 3 again. at higher rpms it feels fine and pulls fine, real fine.

injector problem? or..... all the help is appreciated.

#2 ·
Welcome.

Probably not an injector problem. They rarely go bad. I would check the condition of the lines inside the tank. The bike has been mostly sitting for the last 8 years and they could be a little mushy.

See if anyone has messed with the TPS. You'll be able to tell if the yellow paint is broken.

#3 ·
Duck, duck, goose........good one! Welcome to the forum.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum...maybe fouled plugs from lack of running and rotten gas. If you have the ability try changing the plugs.....Iridiums make a hot spark and last longer then the originals. Try some fuel system cleaner...I like Lucas brand products.
The 750 motor does like to rev. It will be much happier at 6k rpm than at 3k.

#7 ·
Well, i took the bike in to the local mv dealer and they told me the problem is with my outdated sbu. turn signal problems and fuel injection issues . quite a preety penny to take care of this but i could not stand to ride the bike the way it was running, basically on 3 cylinders until i gave it a full twist of the throttle.:jsm:

#5 ·
sputters and farts are all part of the MV's character...that's why we all love Randy and Ed.
Welcome to the family!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.